Contribute
Register

HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING IN DISK UTILITY: Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I dont want to dual boot and I just want to install Mac only, but its not detecting my HDD. The only untested thing till now is that I was not able to format the hard disks. This is because the disk utility at Snow leopard install is not showing the hard drives.

Make sure the Disc is that you are installing onto is in the correct sata port, and that in Bios you have set it ACHI.

Make sure the Disc is that you are installing onto is in the correct sata port, and that in Bios you have set it ACHI.

Yes it is set to AHCI, and I tried using using it on all six SATA ports of my system one by one, but still no good.

I am having the same/similar problem. I have a running CustomMac, built by tonymac guide with a 2T HDD running MT Lion. I just purchased 2 internal 1T HDD. When I booted in my 2T a message opened on the screen like and idiot I clicked it with out reading what it said. Then I opened Disk Utility and only one of my new 1T HDDs shows up in Disk Utilities.

Is the HDD bad?

I am having the same/similar problem. I have a running CustomMac, built by tonymac guide with a 2T HDD running MT Lion. I just purchased 2 internal 1T HDD. When I booted in my 2T a message opened on the screen like and idiot I clicked it with out reading what it said. Then I opened Disk Utility and only one of my new 1T HDDs shows up in Disk Utilities.

Is the HDD bad?

Does the message appear again if you reboot?

Yes it is set to AHCI, and I tried using using it on all six SATA ports of my system one by one, but still no good.

Does the drive show up in BIOS post before the Chimera screen? If the BIOS splash screen is still on boot to BIOS and turn the Full Screen Logo off so you can see the post.

I think I figured it out. Because it doesn't show in BIOS either. So it must have been dead on arrival. I am just going to exchange it. Its just odd that I got the weird little message box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back