Contribute
Register

HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING IN DISK UTILITY: Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hve tried everything for the hard disk issue but MAC installation is not detecting it.

I have no idea on how to make the hard disks work on my system.

Do I need to format it first and then use it or it will work as it is, I was previously using it for windows 7 and didnt formatted the drive.

I hve tried everything for the hard disk issue but MAC installation is not detecting it.

I have no idea on how to make the hard disks work on my system.

Do I need to format it first and then use it or it will work as it is, I was previously using it for windows 7 and didnt formatted the drive.

Yes you need to format it in mac os extended journaled using Disc utility just before the install. options Guid Partition. Then at install you will be able to select that drive. Good Luck. You can try to follow Tonymac's guide.

Is there a guide from which I can make partitions in windows. I currently dont have a Mac installed on my pc.

Are you wanting to keep windows or turn it into Mac?

There are lots of guides to on the internet for you to find on partitioning.

Same issue is with me, any help?

My mouse is also not working during the install

itsarjungupta

This is a different problem and should be opened as a new post within the forum -

- Also just to offer a possible answer to the question about the mouse - you should be using a USB mouse and keyboard as Apple is not supportive of PS2.
So in the bios you will need to find the section relating to USB support and enable that for keyboards mouse and legacy usb SUPPORT AS well. - Known as USB 1.1

Please see your Gigabyte product manual that you can download and it will show you info on the bios screens and what the terms mean.

I want to turn it into mac

I suggest that you use a seperate hard disk - ask you friends for an older hard disk - size does not matter for mac as its not loaded w bloatware.
So a 500 gb units or smaller is more that adequate for this purpose.

As setting up a dual boot drive is a bit problematic for most people

Then set the spare drive to sata port 1 disconnect the windows drive but make it sata 2 and the dvd drive should be sata 4 - of the ports on the motherboard

I suggest that you use a seperate hard disk - ask you friends for an older hard disk - size does not matter for mac as its not loaded w bloatware.
So a 500 gb units or smaller is more that adequate for this purpose.

As setting up a dual boot drive is a bit problematic for most people

Then set the spare drive to sata port 1 disconnect the windows drive but make it sata 2 and the dvd drive should be sata 4 - of the ports on the motherboard

Hi!

I dont want to dual boot and I just want to install Mac only, but its not detecting my HDD. The only untested thing till now is that I was not able to format the hard disks. This is because the disk utility at Snow leopard install is not showing the hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back