Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, i have looked on the internets everywhere and have not came up with a solution to my problem.

Currently i have 2 hard drives one for mac and one for windows, Windows hard drive works fine but not the mac. I had previously hackintoshed it with Leopard about a year ago, my stupid self updated it with an apple update any killed it, i got errors when trying to boot and a sign that says to restart the computer :banghead: i tried to re-install fresh with snow leopard and the iBoot/multibeast, but mac doesn't recognize the messed up hard drive, yet iboot can see it

I have my pc to boot from cd first, i have my windows hard drive unpluged and just the mac one in, have iBoot in, at the point where i switch to the snow leopard i see 2 "boots" one called (Leopard, the error hard drive) and the other is the snow leopard disc i just inserted, if i boot from the Leopard (broken hard drive) i just get the error as always, so i go with the snow leopard boot

Snow leopard install loads fine, till i get to the point where it asks where to be installed and no hard drives show up, i check disc utilities to try and reformat it but it doesn't show up there either, yet iBoot KNOWS that its there

so it seems like the hard drive is no longer usable being that neither windows or mac recognize that hard drive yet i can boot into it and just get an error riddled mac UGH!!!!!!

Are the hard drives plugged in via SATA or ATA?

I just finished putting Snow Leopard on an older Compaq computer that had two hard drives inside: one SATA and the other ATA. The install disc didn't see the ATA drive and neither did the completely installed operating system until I did some tweaking. iBoot saw it but Snow Leopard needed a special kext.

I would verify your hard drive is formatted with the GUID Partition Table. Go into the partition tab of disk utility and click options. Then select the GUID Partition Table option.

ok i tried that, i got to the snow leopard install, clicked utility up top, clicked disc utility, it only recognizes the sony dvd drive with the mac snow leopard cd on the left side

so im unable to even get to the partition table because the hard drive doesn't show up in disc utility

yet when i throw in iBoot i can see that the hard drive is hooked up because i can boot from it but it just gives me an error screen

and i noticed that when it did try to load the (error) hard drive it says "Darwin x86" does this affect anything, i think it was the old way that i hackintoshed it

doofy440 said:
and i noticed that when it did try to load the (error) hard drive it says "Darwin x86" does this affect anything, i think it was the old way that i hackintoshed it

Hmm... Possibly. Have you been able to completely reformat the drive at all since attempting to reinstall? If not, I would try to use a reformatting tool such as DBAN to wipe the hard drive clean. Be careful not to delete your second drive though.

http://www.dban.org/

im trying the dban, i think this will work, it found the hard drive and is currently nuking it, never thought i would be excited to nuke a hard drive, but it will take 5 hours for 500 gb hard drive, thanks ill update whether or not this works, fingers crossed

Thank you so much for the dban suggestion, it worked in combination with tring different sata ports for it to find the proper hardrive

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back