CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What does this mean? How do i change it back to what it looked like before? (HD icon)

Ok this is the problem. I have another SSD with Windows on it and if its just OSX and Windows, everything is fine and i boot into OSX is a flash (2.5 rotations) If i add my Western Digital as an extra drive. That turns into an external drive. Fine, but then after reboot so does my OSX drive.

Again that would be fine, but it turns my 2.5 rotation into 25-30 sec boot. Not the end of the world, but retarted.

I did take a chance in Muti Beast to change it from external to internal. Very buggy and didn't fix my issue.

At this point i guess screw it. = /

well the icon is showing to be an external drive. had the prob on another hackintosh using an unsupported install method. you might try googling a dsdt that has that pre-edited fix or google how to edit the fix yourself. for my board, the dsdt was available. a simple drag and drop to replace and a reboot and issue solved...

Oddly enough, it fixed it self for the ML hard drive. However the WD hard drive is still showing external and i know every time that is present it delays my boot. The messed up part it wasnt the case at the beginning. I was messing with permissions in Windoze and all the sudden OSX asked if id like to use time machine with it. Since then its always shown external.

Ive gone back to windoze and tried to change permissions, but im locked out. = /

MultiBeast > Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector/3rdParty SATA. Either of them will make drives appear internal.

That didn't work. It made ML buggy and lock up. It's something to do with seeing it as a external delaying the boot. Like it's discovering my Western Digital extra drive. If its not plugged in its 2.5 rotations vs 25 sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back