Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DQ67SW
CPU
Intel Core i5-2390T 2.7GHz
Graphics
Integrated Intel Graphics Technology
Hi All
I have successfully installed El Capitan onto a hard disk. I then boot from the USB install and select from the menu to boot from the Hard Disk (HFS) in verbose mode. It seems to start the boot process with no obvious errors until it gets to the following:

"Sound assertion in Apple.........."
then the screen quickly goes blank and after a while the rotating beach ball appears and stays for a while and then it reboots itself.
Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks
Awuku

Intel motherboard DQ67Sw
Integrated graphics,
8GB RAM

@awuku, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

At boot, text scrolls by quickly and it's difficult to capture anything. However this is the last screen output before the screen goes blank. After about 15 minutes or so of inactivity, when I hit the spacebar or any key for that matter repeatedly, the system then restarts/reboots to USB. Sometimes just before the sreen goes blank, if the mouse/pointer is repeatedly moved I get the rotating beach ball which continues until reboot. Please find attached the screenshot before going blank:

screenshot.jpg

Hope this helps!
Thanks

Hope this helps!
Well, it does show an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Well, it does show an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.
The serial port is already diabled in the BIOS.

The image that you posted says otherwise :

View attachment 256719

Yeah, it's strange. It must be picking up another device and mistakes it for a serial port. Here's the section of the BOIS which shows the serial port is disabled:

screenshot2.jpg

When I move the moose just before the screen goes blank, I get the rotating beach ball. It's weird!

Yeah, it's strange. It must be picking up another device and mistakes it for a serial port. Here's the section of the BOIS which shows the serial port is disabled:
It will be the TPM.

Which "Intel Core i5" processor do you have ? Please add the information to your profile.

Your processor's integrated HD Graphics 2000 are unsupported.
You will need a graphics card or a processor with supported graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back