Graphics
Intel HD 3000/ AMD Radeon HD 7470M (Disabled) - 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, some weeks ago I managed to get my laptop (HP dv6-6c65sl) turned in a flawlessly working hackintosh with the latest Mavericks update. Now i need to change wifi cause the built-in one is a Realtek 8188ce (half mini PCIe).. I checked the sticky guide in this forum section but due to my inexpertise/lack of knowledge of technical terms I can't figure anything out.. is there anybody who can suggest me the right card?? Your help would be gold, thanks for your answers in advance.

Hi guys, some weeks ago I managed to get my laptop (HP dv6-6c65sl) turned in a flawlessly working hackintosh with the latest Mavericks update. Now i need to change wifi cause the built-in one is a Realtek 8188ce (half mini PCIe).. I checked the sticky guide in this forum section but due to my inexpertise/lack of knowledge of technical terms I can't figure anything out.. is there anybody who can suggest me the right card?? Your help would be gold, thanks for your answers in advance.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

checked in DCPIManager.. It's a Realtek wifi card (8188 ce) but i can't find any reference for Realtek stuff in Toleda's post

checked in DCPIManager.. It's a Realtek wifi card (8188 ce) but i can't find any reference for Realtek stuff in Toleda's post

That is because it is not supported and must be replaced.

I know it has to be replaced, but with what? Are all cards good for HP? Toleda's post seems a bit confusing to me :( (that's because I'm a noob, sorry)

I know it has to be replaced, but with what? Are all cards good for HP? Toleda's post seems a bit confusing to me :( (that's because I'm a noob, sorry)

See link in post #2 for a list of compatible devices.

Your BIOS may have a whitelist that may further restrict your choices. Refer to your laptop's service manual.

Hi, I guess my HP product has a whitelist cause on my laptop manual there's a list of supported wifi cards (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03099531.pdf - page 69) Now I saw that none of them listed matches with Toleda's post ones.. could you please check? what should I do? I'm not that expert and a help from you would be gold. Thanks in advance

Hi, I guess my HP product has a whitelist cause on my laptop manual there's a list of supported wifi cards (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03099531.pdf - page 69) Now I saw that none of them listed matches with Toleda's post ones.. could you please check? what should I do? I'm not that expert and a help from you would be gold. Thanks in advance

You are correct. None of those WiFi chipsets are supported by OS X. If your BIOS enforces that list, then replacing the card with an OS X compatible card would require a hacked BIOS (not always possible, and always a risk).

will a usb adapter make up for the lack (i don't know if it's slower/less convenient than pci) or should I try the bios trick?

will a usb adapter make up for the lack (i don't know if it's slower/less convenient than pci) or should I try the bios trick?

It is less convenient/not as usable than mini PCIe, but USB WiFi can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back