i5-760
Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
had been working 100% for a while, but now I've lost my SATA disks

I built the system described in my signature about four years ago. I had it working 100%, no problems with audio, video, network, sleep. This was, I think, running X.6.

Then lately I tried upgrading to X.10 (Yosemite) and a newer MultiBeast. I had it working, mostly, for a couple of weeks, but then I somehow lost my SATA disks. The BIOS identifies them at boot but attempting to boot from the disk fails, and when I boot to the X.10 installer on a USB thumb drive then Disk Utility can't see them either.
At first I thought maybe the disk went bad but I don't think that's the case, because when I attach an eSATA extarnal drive the BIOS does identify it (along with the others) but the X.10 installer can't see it either.

Could I have inadvertently messed up a BIOS setting? Maybe I did something wrong when installing MultiBeast?? Does anyone have any ideas? Would updating the mainboard's firmware be likely to help??

Last edited:
Go in to your BIOS setup and see if the SATA devices are still set to AHCI. If they are not, set them to AHCI, save and reboot.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back