Contribute
Register

Hackintoshable motherboards with 64GB RAM support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
Intel i7-4790k (Devil's Canyon)
Graphics
no graphics card - using onboard graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know the "official" advice in the Buyer's Guide is to avoid Skylake for the time being. Are there any non-Skylake motherboards -- or any motherboards in general -- which are very reliably/easily Hackintoshable, which support 64GB+ of RAM?

(I looked but didn't immediately find any.)

Update: You'll need to use a Skylake 100-series motherboard as the previous series (9 and earlier) are limited to 32GB of memory, except for the X99 series which can be a bear to get running OS X. The Skylake 100-series, while still new and awaiting Apple to market a 100-series chipset iMac or Mac Pro, will get you there, but you'll be on the cutting edge for a couple of more months.

Check out the User Builds and El Capitan Desktop Guides forum sections to get information on the X99 and Skylake systems.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/

The current tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide has a list of 9-series motherboards. I'm sure you'll easily find one for your use.

Thanks for the reply. I had looked on that page, clicked on most of the motherboards, and they all seem to have a 32GB RAM limit. (A couple have 16.)

Do you know of specific ones that can support 64GB RAM?

Yep. I discovered after posting my reply to your original post that I was mistaken about the 9-Series motherboard RAM limit (32GB), and I have corrected/updated my reply.

OK, thanks, that's what I needed to know. I'm not adventurous enough to go THAT far out on a limb...I'll wait a few more months until it becomes more commonplace!

Hello there !
I'm looking for the same thing : a motherboard that can handle 64gb of Ram... Is there anything new about this ?

Hello there !
I'm looking for the same thing : a motherboard that can handle 64gb of Ram... Is there anything new about this ?
Did you look at this month's buyer's guide? Not too hard to find.

Did you look at this month's buyer's guide? Not too hard to find.

Thanks for your answer.
I've actually looked at it, but didn't find where can I see the RAM that each of them can handle... Is it written anywhere ?

Here's a list of Intel processor motherboards that can take 64/128/512GB memory: Amazon ||
Newegg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back