Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Youtube Channel (Lion installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ASUS N53SV-XVI. Everything works with the correct kexts with the exception of bluetooth. The video is a problem that have I have a clumsy fix for but Adobe Premier works, dvds play. In short, I have full video and all ports working but you must an external HDMI monitor connected to get the Display to work correctly. Once the display comes up it works until you get into sleep mode in which case you must reconnect the HDMI monitor and disconnect. Until a fix comes out for the video, I will be using a ConnectPRO DVI DDC / EDID Ghost Emulator on the HDMI port. If it works, I will post a package with all the kexts and an install procedure.

The Nvidia GT 540 m is being recognized as a GT440 with 1Gig of video memory. Photoshop is using the HD3000 for open GL so I don't know if the nvidia card is actually working.

If you come across a video fix, let me know. If my hardware fix works, I'll let the community know. At least we could use is until one of the brainier people modify the HD 300 kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back