i7 4770k @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
Asus Nvidia GTX 760 DirectCU II OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having issues with 29" LG ultrawide Monitor running on Hackintosh Yosemite 10.2 using Intel HD4600 integrated graphics. The monitor's native resolution is 2560x1080 @ 60hz is not recognized by the system.
It only displays 1920x1080 resolution. Trying to figure out where's the problem. I've read many posts online but none specifically addressing my problem. The graphics should be natively supported by the yosemite. Some users had this problem with 10.10.1 version but after upgrading to 10.10.2 it has been apparently fixed but not for me. Some say it's the HDMI port limitations on osx but it doesn't really make sense since the resolution is supported on Mavericks but not on Yosemite. Some other say that connecting via DisplayPort will solve the problem. Anybody has the solution for supporting 2560x1080 resolution on Intel HD4600 on Yosemite 10.10.2?

I'm having issues with 29" LG ultrawide Monitor running on Hackintosh Yosemite 10.2 using Intel HD4600 integrated graphics. The monitor's native resolution is 2560x1080 @ 60hz is not recognized by the system.
It only displays 1920x1080 resolution. Trying to figure out where's the problem. I've read many posts online but none specifically addressing my problem. The graphics should be natively supported by the yosemite. Some users had this problem with 10.10.1 version but after upgrading to 10.10.2 it has been apparently fixed but not for me. Some say it's the HDMI port limitations on osx but it doesn't really make sense since the resolution is supported on Mavericks but not on Yosemite. Some other say that connecting via DisplayPort will solve the problem. Anybody has the solution for supporting 2560x1080 resolution on Intel HD4600 on Yosemite 10.10.2?

have you found a solution yet?

I've had the same issue before. Your problem is probably a motherboard limitation on resolution. My board (z77-ds3h) only supports 1920x1200 max on HDMI,DVI or VGA, so if you have a displayport on your board, you should use it. I've solved my issue by using a nvidia card and Dual Link DVI.

This makes non sense to me either because windows or linux displays perfectly 2560x1080 on my Intel HD 4000 even when Gigabyte says it only supports 1920x1200... Very Interesting...

I hope it helps to solve your issue.

Regards.

I've had this problem before. HDMI can't do higher then 1920x1080p on most video cards.

you need to use either: Display port. or dual-link DVI. dual-link DVI is key here, you can tell if you have a dual-link DVI cable because it has no missing pins:
dual-link-dvi.gif
I received a dual-link DVI cable with my 29"Asus monitor... you might of gotten one too.
I did however need to buy a mini display port cable. (for my macbook pro)

I remember having a hard time with mine when I first got my new monitor. I do't have the same video card as you though... but in the end I got it working with my ATI card.
and when I later upgraded with an nvidia card.. the nvidia worked out of the box.

here's my thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/159490-succesfull-yosemite-powercolor-hd-6570-2560x1080.html

Good luck!

I've had this problem before. HDMI can't do higher then 1920x1080p on most video cards.

you need to use either: Display port. or dual-link DVI. dual-link DVI is key here, you can tell if you have a dual-link DVI cable because it has no missing pins:
View attachment 154038
I received a dual-link DVI cable with my 29"Asus monitor... you might of gotten one too.
I did however need to buy a mini display port cable. (for my macbook pro)

I remember having a hard time with mine when I first got my new monitor. I do't have the same video card as you though... but in the end I got it working with my ATI card.
and when I later upgraded with an nvidia card.. the nvidia worked out of the box.

here's my thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/159490-succesfull-yosemite-powercolor-hd-6570-2560x1080.html

Good luck!
Yeah dual link is a must for anything above 1920x1080. If the monitor has never gone above 1920x1080 and the cable came with the monitor, I would check the cable to see if its actually dual link, its completely in the realm of possibility that the manufacturer packed a single link cable by mistake.
OP:
According to the Mobo specs it supports 4k resolution so I doubt thats the problem, you say that you are using the intel GPU but your profile says you have a gtx 760 is there any reason for not using this GPU?

It was a kernel issue for me on an AMD build, the correct kernel fixed the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back