Contribute
Register

Hackintosh worked until I installed my second M.2 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very haphazard with what I tried to get everything working. It's quite possible I was very uneconomical about it. Is it possible that I can't run a 960 and 970 Plus simultaneously? Surely it makes sense for me to try some trial and error now?

I don't know what actually got NVMe working on Sierra, so I don't know. I just avoided NVMe altogether until it was natively supported by macOS. I knew it was just a quest for trouble...

I don't know what actually got NVMe working on Sierra, so I don't know. I just avoided NVMe altogether until it was natively supported by macOS. I knew it was just a quest for trouble...
well I can't upgrade to High Sierra because of my NVIDIA graphics card.

Would you mind listing all the NVMe related kexts and things for me so I can try a process of elimination? It seems like my only option at this point.

Thank you!

well I can't upgrade to High Sierra because of my NVIDIA graphics card.

Would you mind listing all the NVMe related kexts and things for me so I can try a process of elimination? It seems like my only option at this point.

Thank you!

There are Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra.

There are Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra.
Unless something has changed, I tried using those web drivers for my graphics card and everything ran extremely slowly / glitchy... I downgraded to Sierra after that...

Unless something has changed, I tried using those web drivers for my graphics card and everything ran extremely slowly / glitchy... I downgraded to Sierra after that...

Yes, the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra were garbage. It was because of those drivers that I switched to AMD.

Yes, the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra were garbage. It was because of those drivers that I switched to AMD.
Right so, I'm in a bit of a bind. Can't update to High Sierra without installing a second Graphics card.

Unless I can, with some trial and error, fix my EFI config, do I just have to unplug and plug in this NVMe drive whenever I want to use Windows? Not sure if I can return it at this point...

Right so, I'm in a bit of a bind. Can't update to High Sierra without installing a second Graphics card.

Unless I can, with some trial and error, fix my EFI config, do I just have to unplug and plug in this NVMe drive whenever I want to use Windows? Not sure if I can return it at this point...

There's one SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
There are two kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Look for the ones with NVMe in their filenames.

You can try... I doubt you will have any success...

Personally, I'd just abandon the Nvidia card. If macOS is of any importance to you, it just makes sense to move to AMD.

There's one SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
There are two kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Look for the ones with NVMe in their filenames.

You can try... I doubt you will have any success...

Personally, I'd just abandon the Nvidia card. If macOS is of any importance to you, it just makes sense to move to AMD.
there are two slots for graphics cards on my mobo... I guess for future reference I'd like to ask, if I buy an AMD, would it be possible to run my hackintosh solely on that, and keep my NVIDIA in there for my windows build?

there are two slots for graphics cards on my mobo... I guess for future reference I'd like to ask, if I buy an AMD, would it be possible to run my hackintosh solely on that, and keep my NVIDIA in there for my windows build?

I've never done this, but others have...

w
I've never done this, but others have...
what a mess... my graphics card was so expensive. Honestly it would probably make more sense for me to just buy another 960 EVO and just never upgrade my Mac OS or mess around with this ever again... but alas.

For now I will be putting my 970 EVO Plus in for when I want to use Windows and taking it out again when I want to use Mac OS... I will worry about the details later...

Thank you so much, again, from the bottom of my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back