Contribute
Register

Hackintosh worked until I installed my second M.2 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh you're the best! :-D

Please find attached!

Please try this from a USB flash drive to see if you can boot before deleting your current EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 53
Please try this from a USB flash drive to see if you can boot before deleting your current EFI.
I tried reformatting my flash drive to FAT32, putting this EFI folder on, and booting from it. But the Apple logo appears, the load bar gets to about halfway, and I get a circle with a line through it.

I tried reformatting my flash drive to FAT32, putting this EFI folder on, and booting from it. But the Apple logo appears, the load bar gets to about halfway, and I get a circle with a line through it.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops.

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_203526.jpg
    IMG_20200318_203526.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200318_203617.jpg
    IMG_20200318_203617.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 53
Please find attached! Thank you.

Please try the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.

You're on High Sierra, right? I don't remember if NVMe was natively supported on High Sierra yet...

Please try the EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.

You're on High Sierra, right? I don't remember if NVMe was natively supported on High Sierra yet...
I'm on Sierra. It was not natively supported, I had to do some stuff to my config.plist to make things work.

I don't understand about trying the EFI on the EFI partition of the flash drive. I just formatted the drive and put the folder on there. I will try to create an EFI partition instead on Clover...

I'm on Sierra. It was not natively supported, I had to do some stuff to my config.plist to make things work.

I don't understand about trying the EFI on the EFI partition of the flash drive. I just formatted the drive and put the folder on there. I will try to create an EFI partition instead on Clover...

Ah. That's the problem...

You have an SSDT and several kexts that try to get NVMe working. I suspect those to be the culprits in giving you that last kernel panic at boot.

I never tried getting NVMe working on Sierra and have no knowledge or experience on the matter.

Ah. That's the problem...

You have an SSDT and several kexts that try to get NVMe working. I suspect those to be the culprits in giving you that last kernel panic at boot.

I never tried getting NVMe working on Sierra and have no knowledge or experience on the matter.
You are much more knowledgeable than me in this. Is there anything you advise I can try? Some trial-and-error with removing the SSDT / kexts one-by-one?

My NVMe worked for a long time on Sierra - it's just now with two m.2 drives, something's stopped working! I'm sure it can be fixed.

Thanks!

You are much more knowledgeable than me in this. Is there anything you advise I can try? Some trial-and-error with removing the SSDT / kexts one-by-one?

My NVMe worked for a long time on Sierra - it's just now with two m.2 drives, something's stopped working! I'm sure it can be fixed.

Thanks!

If you are on Sierra, you probably need those for your 960 EVO to work.

But, at the same time, they seem to be conflicting with your new SSD...

If you are on Sierra, you probably need those for your 960 EVO to work.

But, at the same time, they seem to be conflicting with your new SSD...

I was very haphazard with what I tried to get everything working. It's quite possible I was very uneconomical about it. Is it possible that I can't run a 960 and 970 Plus simultaneously? Surely it makes sense for me to try some trial and error now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back