Contribute
Register

Hackintosh worked until I installed my second M.2 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 970 EVO Plus needs a firmware flash before it can work in a hackintosh. Even if the 970 EVO Plus has no data on it, the mere fact that it's installed will cause problems for macOS.

Search around for "970 EVO Plus hackintosh firmware" and you will find all the info you need.
Just had the brainwave to remove the 970 EVO plus and my hackintosh works again. I am ready to post whatever info you need, EFI folder, whatever!

Can I find this firmware for Sierra?

Just had the brainwave to remove the 970 EVO plus and my hackintosh works again. I am ready to post whatever info you need, EFI folder, whatever!

Can I find this firmware for Sierra?

Just search Google for "Samsung 970 EVO Plus firmware update".

Tha
Thank you very much, I found another thread which details the process.

I burned the ISO for the firmware update onto a USB flash drive, and will boot into that USB drive and install the firmware. I will report back :)

hmm. I just tried to install the new firmware, and it says Firmware is already updated on this SSD!

The firmware version is 2B2QEXM7...

hmm. I just tried to install the new firmware, and it says Firmware is already updated on this SSD!

The firmware version is 2B2QEXM7...

I don't know which specific firmware works for the 970 EVO Plus. You will need to find out which version makes the SSD Mac compatible.

I don't know which specific firmware works for the 970 EVO Plus. You will need to find out which version makes the SSD Mac compatible.
Thanks again for your help!

I have the latest firmware for the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, which means it is not a firmware issue that the drive has.

You mentioned it could be a problem with PCI-e lanes? I am happy to try something else!

Thanks again for your help!

I have the latest firmware for the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, which means it is not a firmware issue that the drive has.

You mentioned it could be a problem with PCI-e lanes? I am happy to try something else!

If your Firewire card is out, there shouldn't be any PCI-e lane issues.

Are you using any NVMe patches in config.plist?

Please find my config.plist attached!

Thank you :) !!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 37
Please find my config.plist attached!

Thank you :) !!

Please post your entire EFI folder. I think you have an SSDT in there that's not needed.

Please post your entire EFI folder. I think you have an SSDT in there that's not needed.
Gosh you're the best! :-D

Please find attached!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back