Contribute
Register

hackintosh won't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem as well, it was fine before I changed my board and cpu =(

This seems to be a problem which all Asus P8P67 * boards have in common. Though i didn't spot a solution for this anywhere.

Strange is that Ubuntu and Win7 manage to shut it off propably. If anyone has proper shutdown with one of the Asus P8P67 * boards it might be help full if he could post here.

Same problem here but i have a Gigabyte EX58 UD3R

In the GigaByte BIOS, setting "PME Event Wake Up = Disabled" solved my constant Shut Down -> Reboot problem.

Now it shuts down reliably, but I don't think sleep is working quite right; the display and drives turn off, but the fans keep running. Seems like it's in S1 rather than S3 mode. But it comes back after pressing a key, so I can live with that. FWIW, when booting into Win7x64, sleep only works when Hybrid was disabled, otherwise, it sleeps for a moment then immediately wakes to the login screen.

I have a Belkin F8T016 BT transceiver, but unplugging that had no effect on the shutdown or sleep behavior as far as I can tell.

Memphiz said:
platonas said:
Memphiz said:
The problem has been solved for my by this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... =1768676&#

I can not be solved by deleting the .kext. Lion just restarts.

Did you rebuild any kext-caches after removing the kext?

Ummm, if you're running Lion and you're trying to rebuild the kext/Mkext caches then you are wasting your time. That step has been eliminated in Lion as it now uses a kernalcache of the S/L/E folder in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/. The only thing that is used in the Extra/Extension folder in Lion is themes, .plists and DSDT files as stated by Tony in the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25564&p=163981&hilit=+mkext#p163981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back