i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to you all

I have a hack that i build last year it was ok with one or two problems, but my thermaltake 550w rgb psu was making too much noise when it was idle... (fan noise).

i bought corsair rm850x today, it is a modular psu so i connected every cable needed for the mainboard...

but somehow computer opened but mojave didnt boot, it opens bios not mojave...

when i check the bios it doesnt see the boot drives... i have a connected nvme drive to mainboard and a sata drive but system wont see them either...

what can i do ?
May be i connected the cables wrong but system opens and 5v & 12v numbers seems ok... any ideas?

thank you for your help...

Guys any ideas?

Guys any ideas?

1. The new PSU is faulty.
2. The new PSU is not faulty but you have connected it incorrectly.
3. You disturbed something else while installing the new PSU.

1. The new PSU is faulty.
2. The new PSU is not faulty but you have connected it incorrectly.
3. You disturbed something else while installing the new PSU.

idont think 1 &2 can be correct cause, new psu can open bios, and give 5v and 12v normally... and when i put back the old psu...i can open bios but cant see may hdds... so if it was connected incorrectly i would not come to bios or old psu would open the system...

imchecked everyconnection in the case but problem is still there...

Try a CMOS reset.

Try a CMOS reset.
i will try it, will it mess up my bios settings...

and today I take off m2ssd and normal sata hdd out and tried them in some other computer... both seem to work... and when I connect them back, my computer starts to see the normal hdd but not the m2 ssd ... I tried put it another slot m2q but still no luck :(

will it mess up my bios settings
Of course it will.

Note that SATA and M2 devices share bandwidth, you should consult your user manual for details.

SATA.png

I checked it, I connected via sata3 0 port so it should not be problem... I have samsung eve 860 m2 sata(connected via m2p) and one normal 2tb wd green hdd...
I don't understand it can see 2tb normal hdd but can't see fast samsung eve drive... ı even changed the connection port to m2q...

tomorrow ill reset cmos

Disable CSM and check that your SATA devices and your Samsung EVO 860 is showing up in the BIOS.

i will, yesterday I ordered m2 box and took the m2drive out put it in the m2box and checked it via laptop and it is working and undamaged. I will backup the drive and put it back and try your suggestions Namok98...

thank you again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back