i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA 980 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have tried searching on google and the forums but can't seem to find an actual solution,

My setup is: GTX 980, i7 6700k, Gigabyte Z170X UD5, SMBIOS 17,1

The computer boots fine with just one monitor plugged in and then i can plug in the second one which then works fine, but if i try and boot with both plugged in the computer just goes into a restart loop.

One monitor is connected with HDMI and the other is connected with a display port to HDMI cable.

I have tried changing my SMBIOS to 5,1 as i saw a few people say this, but that just makes the computer not boot into OS X at all even with just one monitor connected.

Any ideas?

Have a look into your config.plist (on your EFI-partition) or navigate through the settings of Clover's bootscreen.

I have the below in my config, which I am guessing means it is set to false?

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Could the Intel inject be causing it? Didn't want to change anything because apart from the dual monitors the machine is running well

InjectIntel shouldn't be needed if you don't use the iGPU, but it shouldn't hurt either...

Your issue sounds quite uncommon to me. Can you see something in verbose mode when OS X crashes?

For some reason it has booted up fine tonight after 3 or 4 restarts with both monitors connected, I didn't change anything so not sure what's going on, will see if it's all good tomorrow too!

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed it was just getting used to them yesterday! Very strange

I have what appears to be the same problem. I have a GTX 970 with 2 DP adapters. When I boot with both plugged in, the system restarts during boot, however if I boot with only my main monitor plugged in OS X loads without issue and I get both monitors working by plugging in the second once the OS has loaded.

I've tried changing to DP 1.2 and ensuring that I'm not injecting the legacy nvidia driver (I'm not). I've seen threads referring to this problem in the past but it isn't clear if anyone has truly solved it.

Same problem here with a Gigabyte GTX 980TI.
When booting with two monitor (DP + HDMI or DP + DVI) it gets stuck in a boot loop that won't go further than the with Apple Logo.
I sometimes get a "kernel trap" panic error.
Letting it reboot 5-6 times will sometimes lead to a correct boot.
Very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back