Contribute
Register

Hackintosh won't boot (stuck at unmount...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is strange. HSF is the format not the name... I don't know.

I had a hunch that it could be because there were multiple EFI volumes and I was editing config.plist on the wrong one, but I wouldn't know how to go about finding the right one, if in fact I've been editing the wrong one.

I had a hunch that it could be because there were multiple EFI volumes and I was editing config.plist on the wrong one, but I wouldn't know how to go about finding the right one, if in fact I've been editing the wrong one.

Disconnect all of your other drives while you fix this one.

This issue has been driving me nuts, but I think I might have caused it by mounting the EFI partition and then restarting the computer without unmounting it first. Given that disk0 is my boot disk, I figured disk0s3 might be my EFI partition and there was some kind of error involving the OS trying to unmount a partition it was using or something of the like.

At any rate, I booted up using my external backup HDD and used EFI Mounter to mount the EFI partition on disk0 (my primary startup drive). Then, I re-ran EFI Mounter, unmounted the EFI partition on disk0, and shut down the computer. I then unplugged everything and rebooted into my primary startup drive (disk0), and it booted right up. Not sure if this'll work for you, but it's my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back