Contribute
Register

Hackintosh won't boot after 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have a Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 motherboard and an intel core i3 processor. My hackintosh worked 10.8-10.8.3. After applying the update my hack won't boot at all. Not with the unibeast drive, nor in safe mode. After applying the update, i used multibeast to reinstall audio drivers and trim support according to the blog post on 10.8.4. That was the only thing I did before restarting.I have attached a picture of the verbose mode printout. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1,283
Graphics card. A GeForce 210 if I remember correctly.

I finally just roll backed to 10.8.3. I'll wait off on updating for now.

I updated to 10.8.4 from 10.8.3 and nothing broke for me.
I didn't install any drivers after the update, just a straight reboot.

I've been using voodoohda 2.7.4 with my onboard realtek alc8x back when I had 10.8.2 and never had to reinstall it through the 10.8.3 combo and 10.8.4 incremental. Seems to be persistant throughout all the updates.

Using a geforce gts 250, which after rebooting from 10.8.4 update my cuda drivers automatically updated and now include a gpu driver version number.

It was a pretty fast and seamless update for me.

Same issue. How do I roll back to 10.8.3 ? With time machine back up

You will need the usb key with unibeast, the one you used when installed ML. Instead of reinstalling, just go to tools, then restore.

In the past, I found that the new video drivers were the cause of my machine not booting. If you can boot off of usb stick, mount your drive and remove the video drivers. I hope that this helps.

I'm having a very similar problem. I've tried the combo fix going from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 three times, each time I have a freeze at my AntiVirus and or my Bluetooth Controller.

Hi,

Same problem for me.
The hack goes in sleep mode before the login window.
Maybe the Geforce 210 is not 10.8.4 compliant ?

---> The problem was coming from PCI.
I put "PCIRootUID=0" and now it is OK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back