Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking to build a new system that I can run both Windows and OS X Mavericks on. I came across the problem of whether I should dual boot and make a Hackintosh OR just create a normal PC that would run OS X on VMWare. With the second option, at least I wouldn't be limited to the hardware side of building a computer.

Is there any CONS of using VMWare? Should I just build the Hackintosh?

Thanks for the Help!

I'm looking to build a new system that I can run both Windows and OS X Mavericks on. I came across the problem of whether I should dual boot and make a Hackintosh OR just create a normal PC that would run OS X on VMWare. With the second option, at least I wouldn't be limited to the hardware side of building a computer.

Is there any CONS of using VMWare? Should I just build the Hackintosh?

Thanks for the Help!

We aren't allowed to discuss running OS X on VMware here. From the forum rules:

Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly would make hardware choice so limited? Gigabyte makes some very good boards as does ASUS. I suppose if you chose AMD over Intel it might be a limitation, but there are AMD patched kernels now too.

If I were you, I'd get two separate drives and dual boot. Running anything with VMware is never as good as native, and your experience would not be as great.

And the discussion of VMware itself is allowed, the discussion of "prebuilt VMware builds and ISO's" are not.

What exactly would make hardware choice so limited? Gigabyte makes some very good boards as does ASUS. I suppose if you chose AMD over Intel it might be a limitation, but there are AMD patched kernels now too.

If I were you, I'd get two separate drives and dual boot. Running anything with VMware is never as good as native, and your experience would not be as great.

And the discussion of VMware itself is allowed, the discussion of "prebuilt VMware builds and ISO's" are not.
Nor discussion of using AMD CPUs.

Does dual booting require putting both OS's on different drives? Could I put them both on the same ssd drive?

And thanks for the heads up guys on the rules. I made sure read them all properly this time =_= Haha.

Much easier if the different OS are on different drives, and much better for you if one of the drives fails.

We aren't allowed to discuss running OS X on VMware here. From the forum rules:
The rule for VMs is that we will not support/give advice or how-to-do-it for any HOST System other than OS X. This is not a Windows support site, hence no support for running OS X in a Windows VM.

The rule for VMs is that we will not support/give advice or how-to-do-it for any HOST System other than OS X. This is not a Windows support site, hence no support for running OS X in a Windows VM.

SwiftClasic

Not to mention this but accourding to Apples EULA the only OSX that can be VM'd is OSX SERVER not the Desktop Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back