Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660
Hi guys,

I built a Hackintosh back in 2013 with all the info I found here, and I'm happy to say it's still running great! However, I've been stuck at OS 10.8.3, and am now running into software issues. I would like to rebuild the machine with a newer OS (10.11 or higher) with as many of my existing parts as possible (though I'm pretty sure I'll need a new motherboard). I'm also wondering if it would still be possible to boot my old HD with the new system. My hardware is below, any advice or links to resources would be much appreciated!

Motherboard:

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Graphics card:

ASUS Graphic Cards GTX660-DC2O-2GD5

Processor:

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155

You can run the newest High Sierra 10.13.4 on your Z77 system. You won't need a new motherboard. Follow the standard tonymacx86 HS install guide and it should work with no problems. You may want to update the BIOS first and then recheck all the BIOS settings and adjust as needed. I'm not sure about GTX 660 support in HS so you may want to research that. HD4000 still works fine in High Sierra so use that to install.

Hi guys,

I built a Hackintosh back in 2013 with all the info I found here, and I'm happy to say it's still running great! However, I've been stuck at OS 10.8.3, and am now running into software issues. I would like to rebuild the machine with a newer OS (10.11 or higher) with as many of my existing parts as possible (though I'm pretty sure I'll need a new motherboard). I'm also wondering if it would still be possible to boot my old HD with the new system. My hardware is below, any advice or links to resources would be much appreciated!

Motherboard:

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Graphics card:

ASUS Graphic Cards GTX660-DC2O-2GD5

Processor:

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155

I would suggest avoiding High Sierra since you have a GTX 660 which may have graphics glitches under High Sierra. You should be able to install and run El Capitan or Sierra on your system without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back