Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Sonoma Keep shutting Down

Post a copy of the system DSDT.aml. This can be obtained from Hackintool’s Utilities tab by selecting the ACPI Dump icon.

I will have a look at your EFI when I am next at my desk.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    259 KB · Views: 20
I have gone through your OC EFI and made a number of changes.
  1. I deleted the existing SSDT tables and replaced them with custom tables derived from your system DSDT.aml using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.
    1. As I don't have a copy of your system DMAR.aml table I couldn't generate a fix for the DMAR table using Corpnewt's SSDTTime.
  2. There were a few ACPI patches that accompany some of the new SSDT's, which have also been added to the EFI attached below. Without these companion ACPI patches the SSDT's won't work.
  3. I have removed a number of Kexts from your setup. some were specifically for laptop systems, others I have never seen used or needed to use with a Coffee Lake system.
  4. I have removed & edited a number of entries in the config.plist, so it is more in line with what I expect to see when reviewing a CFL OC config.
I am a bit confused with your setup in that you appear to be using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, when the native SMBIOS for your Coffee Lake system is an iMac19,1. The iMac19,1 would work just fine with macOS Sonoma.
  • If you use the SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 then you need to disable the IGPU in macOS, as the MacPro is designed to only use the discrete GPU, for all graphics processes.
  • The iMac19,1 SMBIOS on the other hand will make use of both the IGPU and discrete GPU, as that is how Apple designed the system to work.
Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this revised EFI, simply add your Serial Number, MLB and ROM data to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  • I would recommend you use the SMBIOS for an iMac19,1 not a MacPro7,1.
Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive to test the EFI.

Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
    • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
  • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
    • This time boot in to macOS Sonoma using the revised EFI.
Post a photo showing any Verbose Text is the system should KP while using this EFI. So we have a chance to see what caused the KP.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 28
  1. I deleted the existing SSDT tables and replaced them with custom tables derived from your system DSDT.aml using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.
    1. As I don't have a copy of your system DMAR.aml table I couldn't generate a fix for the DMAR table using Corpnewt's SSDTTime.
  2. There were a few ACPI patches that accompany some of the new SSDT's, which have also been added to the EFI attached below. Without these companion ACPI patches the SSDT's won't work.
  3. I have removed a number of Kexts from your setup. some were specifically for laptop systems, others I have never seen used or needed to use with a Coffee Lake system.
  4. I have removed & edited a number of entries in the config.plist, so it is more in line with what I expect to see when reviewing a CFL OC config.
I am a bit confused with your setup in that you appear to be using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, when the native SMBIOS for your Coffee Lake system is an iMac19,1. The iMac19,1 would work just fine with macOS Sonoma.
  • If you use the SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 then you need to disable the IGPU in macOS, as the MacPro is designed to only use the discrete GPU, for all graphics processes.
  • The iMac19,1 SMBIOS on the other hand will make use of both the IGPU and discrete GPU, as that is how Apple designed the system to work.
Testing/Booting:
If you want to try this revised EFI, simply add your Serial Number, MLB and ROM data to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive to test the EFI.

Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots without any issues.

You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
  • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
Post a photo showing any Verbose Text is the system should KP while using this EFI. So we have a chance to see what caused the KP.
Hello EDHAWK

(I am a bit confused with your setup in that you appear to be using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, when the native SMBIOS for your Coffee Lake system is an iMac19,1. The iMac19,1 would work just fine with macOS Sonoma.)

Well I am using MAcpor 7.1 cause of Apple DRM issue for Apple TV Concern . Its working fine with MAC Pro 7,1 SMBIOS

Well no luck with revised EFI also as instructed by you no changes has been made t except Serial Number MLB and ROM sharing you the screen shot for the same. Not even able to boot to the system with the change EFI.

Even with the current even system restart automatically twice and thrice than only I am able to get the Desktop.

And not getting and option for reset nvram also while booting and booting through pen drive.

If nothing is working out is there any way I can reinstall Ventura from the scratch with the stable working on it whiteout getting any error and all will be another option for me but I am unable to get that also working made a bootable for Ventura also but not able to boot from usb drive as EFI is not working for that also or I don't have any stable EFI for that also

Attachments

• tempImageFq85JE.png
    tempImageFq85JE.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImagebHX0I9.png
    tempImagebHX0I9.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 21
Testing/Booting:

I even tried installing Ventura also, facing the same kernel Panic issue on that Hackintosh Also System Keep On Restarting after reaching the desktop

Testing/Booting:

Hello Edhawk

I tried with every Operating system as you suggested still the same issue Kernel Panic and All And unable to use the Hackintosh As once I get the desktop screen either the screen is black or Un responsive or else system will restart tried installing the fresh operating system Monterey also still the same issue . It just started doing this it was working completely fine few weeks back and suddenly it started behaving abnormal.

Please suggest what should I do or else I stop using the Hackintosh and switch to Windows OS only

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards

All I can assume from your recent posts is that you are doing something that is fundamentally wrong in respect of a Hackintosh setup.

In the Bios or possibly when you are creating your USB installer.

Have you made sure your Bios is configured correctly to run macOS. Do you have these settings in place in your Bios?

Intel BIOS settings​

• Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • Thunderbolt (For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable​

• VT-x
  • Above 4G Decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or higher
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

How are you creating your USB installer?
  1. Are you doing this in Windows or macOS?
  2. Which guide are you following when creating the installer, specifically when adding the EFI folder to the USB pen drive.
  3. Are you copying/adding the whole EFI folder to the hidden FAT32 EFI partition on the USB pen drive?
  4. By that I mean are you mounting the EFI partition on the USB pen drive, and then copying the EFI folder to the newly mounted EFI partition?
  5. Or are you simply copying the EFI folder to the root of the USB pen drive, alongside the macOS Installer app?
I can't think of what else could be causing this boot issue.

All I can assume from your recent posts is that you are doing something that is fundamentally wrong in respect of a Hackintosh setup.

In the Bios or possibly when you are creating your USB installer.

Have you made sure your Bios is configured correctly to run macOS. Do you have these settings in place in your Bios?

Intel BIOS settings​

• Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • Thunderbolt (For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable​

• VT-x
  • Above 4G Decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or higher
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

How are you creating your USB installer?
  1. Are you doing this in Windows or macOS?
  2. Which guide are you following when creating the installer, specifically when adding the EFI folder to the USB pen drive.
  3. Are you copying/adding the whole EFI folder to the hidden FAT32 EFI partition on the USB pen drive?
  4. By that I mean are you mounting the EFI partition on the USB pen drive, and then copying the EFI folder to the newly mounted EFI partition?
  5. Or are you simply copying the EFI folder to the root of the USB pen drive, alongside the macOS Installer app?
I can't think of what else could be causing this boot issue.
Hello Edhawk I am using the same Bios settings as explained by you and guide I used is from golden built for Z390 Designare Motherboard clean install Catalina and I am copying EFI folder from USB to EFI partition of SSD after the clean install . It worked fine for sometime and after that it restarted and gave me the error mentioned below .

I am using MAC for creating Bootable drive and doing all essential things.

1. Are you doing this in Windows or macOS? - MACOS
  2. Which guide are you following when creating the installer, specifically when adding the EFI folder to the USB pen drive. - Clean Install For Catalina from Gold build Z390 Designare post.
  3. Are you copying/adding the whole EFI folder to the hidden FAT32 EFI partition on the USB pen drive? Yes
  4. By that I mean are you mounting the EFI partition on the USB pen drive, and then copying the EFI folder to the newly mounted EFI partition? Yes
  5. Or are you simply copying the EFI folder to the root of the USB pen drive, alongside the macOS Installer app? NO

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8003884456): nvme: "3rd party NVMe controller. Loss of MMIO space. Write. fBuiltIn=1 MODEL=WDS500G1X0E-00AFY0 FW=613200WD CSTS=0xffffffff US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x5ff VID=0x15b7 DID=0x5011 CRITICAL_WARNING=0x0.\n" @IONVMeController.cpp:6147
Panicked task 0xffffff9baea28be8: 271 threads: pid 0: kernel_task
Backtrace (CPU 0), panicked thread: 0xffffff9bae6640f8, Frame : Return Address
0xfffffffbe0827a80 : 0xffffff800183a111
0xfffffffbe0827ad0 : 0xffffff8001997be0
0xfffffffbe0827b10 : 0xffffff800198732c
0xfffffffbe0827b90 : 0xffffff80017d6951
0xfffffffbe0827bb0 : 0xffffff800183a3fd
0xfffffffbe0827ca0 : 0xffffff8001839aa3
0xfffffffbe0827d00 : 0xffffff8001fd900b
0xfffffffbe0827df0 : 0xffffff8003884456
0xfffffffbe0827e20 : 0xffffff8001f141cc
0xfffffffbe0827e70 : 0xffffff8001f140e6
0xfffffffbe0827ea0 : 0xffffff8001893a28
0xfffffffbe0827ee0 : 0xffffff8001894ab8
0xfffffffbe0827fa0 : 0xffffff80017d619e
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IONVMeFamily(2.1)[423249FB-2E27-3AC3-A166-2D61BD06128D]@0xffffff800387d000->0xffffff80038a7fff
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity(1.0.5)[F3B44B47-56A7-35C0-994F-CB0DB5DACE3F]@0xffffff8002e60000->0xffffff8002e96fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[65146C99-3F6F-39ED-8446-52A48D7F6830]@0xffffff8003b11000->0xffffff8003b42fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily(47)[89BF44D1-200C-3475-A6F5-1F2FC3C335F2]@0xffffff8003b53000->0xffffff8003b55fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)[A96D850A-038F-31D7-9F3D-A6775064548E]@0xffffff8003c49000->0xffffff8003c60fff

Process name corresponding to current thread (0xffffff9bae6640f8): kernel_task
Boot args: alcid=11

Mac OS version:
23A344

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 23.0.0: Fri Sep 15 14:42:42 PDT 2023; root:xnu-10002.1.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 0905511D-D697-32D8-8069-EA653FED4635
roots installed: 0
KernelCache slide: 0x0000000001400000
KernelCache base: 0xffffff8001600000
Kernel slide: 0x00000000014e0000
Kernel text base: 0xffffff80016e0000
__HIB text base: 0xffffff8001500000
System model name: MacPro7,1 (Mac-27AD2F918AE68F61)
System shutdown begun: NO
Panic diags file available: YES (0x0)
Hibernation exit count: 0

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1720327779749
Last Sleep: absolute base_tsc base_nano
Uptime : 0x000001908b86bcee
Sleep : 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000
Wake : 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000b1dee6ecc 0x0000000000000000
Compressor Info: 0% of compressed pages limit (OK) and 0% of segments limit (OK) with 0 swapfiles and OK swap space
Zone info:
Zone map: 0xffffff9078db6000 - 0xffffffb078db6000
. PGZ : 0xffffff9078db6000 - 0xffffff907cdb7000
. VM : 0xffffff907cdb7000 - 0xffffff95490ea000
. RO : 0xffffff95490ea000 - 0xffffff96e2750000
. GEN0 : 0xffffff96e2750000 - 0xffffff9baea83000
. GEN1 : 0xffffff9baea83000 - 0xffffffa07adb6000
. GEN2 : 0xffffffa07adb6000 - 0xffffffa5470e9000
. GEN3 : 0xffffffa5470e9000 - 0xffffffaa1341c000
. DATA : 0xffffffaa1341c000 - 0xffffffb078db6000
Metadata: 0xffffff8878246000 - 0xffffff8898246000
Bitmaps : 0xffffff8898246000 - 0xffffff889e246000
Extra : 0 - 0

The top of the error log shows a problem with your NVME drive, or the third-party NVME kext (NVMeFix.kext).

Are You using the latest release (v1.1.1) of NVMeFix.kext?
Which NVME drive are you using for macOS?
Do you have Windows installed on another NVME drive, if yes, which drive?

I guess it's worth checking this post out.

The top of the error log shows a problem with your NVME drive, or the third-party NVME kext (NVMeFix.kext).

Are You using the latest release (v1.1.1) of NVMeFix.kext?
Which NVME drive are you using for macOS?
Do you have Windows installed on another NVME drive, if yes, which drive?
I am using Only one NVMe drive That is WD black for Mac OS and other Windows Based Drive is a SATA ONE

Back