Motherboard
Dell G7 15 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sometimes, macOS Mojave 10.14.2 won't boot past Apple logo on my Dell G7. I have captured some of verbose outputs. Reinstalling didn't fix the issue for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 205
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • Vinh’s MacBook Pro.zip
    687.7 KB · Views: 39
You need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext. The same problem in my dell g3 was solved using these kexts.

btw, the color band problem have you solved?

btw, the color band problem have you solved?
Not yet. I only able to make it less noticeable by downloading ResXtreme and choosing a video mode with 8 bits/sample.

You need FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext. The same problem in my dell g3 was solved using these kexts.
I will try with FakePCIID.kext first. About FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext, I'm not sure if it's needed because HDMI port is connected to Nvidia GPU, which is disabled in my G7.

Update: you're right. Both kexts eliminated the problem.

Last edited:
I bought the laptop a couple days ago and I will get it soon, I have a Hackintosh already and I wonder what is still not working (aside from Wifi of course). Did you fix the color banding I have read in different post? Do you have audio working with the FakePCIID HDMI Audio kext? If you do have Audio working please attach the FakePCIID kexts.

Edit: Nevermind downloaded a FakePCIID zip which did not have HDMI audio kext but already got it from RehabMan. About the sound do you still have it working with your solution posted here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-alc256-no-output-devices-found.265232/page-3

Does the mic, speakers, audio jack work with your proposed solution?

Last edited:
Did you fix the color banding I have read in different post?
About the color banding, Idk how to fix it. Only able to alleviate it.
Do you have audio working with the FakePCIID HDMI Audio kext? If you do have Audio working please attach the FakePCIID kexts.

Edit: Nevermind downloaded a FakePCIID zip which did not have HDMI audio kext but already got it from RehabMan. About the sound do you still have it working with your solution posted here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-alc256-no-output-devices-found.265232/page-3

Does the mic, speakers, audio jack work with your proposed solution?
Sound and mic work fine. The audio jack works fine (I didn't test the combo tho).

Edit: tested mic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back