Hackintosh running slow i7 8700k GTX 1070 ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,
I have installed high Sierra on my new build but it is running slow no matter what config I use.
My 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch is running literally 10 times faster and its got 4 less cores.
I have tried Sierra too but same thing.
Is there something vital I am missing
I made the USB installer with latest version of unibeast then installed on my SSD (I have tried both SSD's same problem)
After installation I Run multibeast and install latest Nvidia web drivers.
Everything boots up fine but the system is lagging so bad.

i7 8700K
GTX 1070
ASUS PRIME Z370-A
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB
SAMSUNG 960 NVME 250GB M.2 DRIVE
1 X 2TB WD DRIVE

@Lukej92, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Slow based on what? Geekbench scores? Other Benchmarks? Check and post your BIOS settings

Slow based on what? Geekbench scores? Other Benchmarks? Check and post your BIOS settings
General UI Lag. I think it has to do with the graphics card because when I take out graphics card and use intel uhd 630 graphics with the intel injection it works flawlessly butter smooth but I get slow animations using the gtx 1070 I had the latest web drivers installed and it changed resolution made everything look pretty but my performance was terrible

@Lukej92, 2nd request - please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

General UI Lag. I think it has to do with the graphics card because when I take out graphics card and use intel uhd 630 graphics with the intel injection it works flawlessly butter smooth but I get slow animations using the gtx 1070 I had the latest web drivers installed and it changed resolution made everything look pretty but my performance was terrible

I think I am having the same issue with 8700K, Asus Z370-p, and GTX 750ti.
UI lag, for example, lag when open/close chrome tags, lag when zoom in/out YouTube videos, etc.
Looking forward to the solution.

What's your release of MacOS? Is it 10.13.3?
The last driver of Nvidia cause a lot of lags. You have to downgrade the driver.
Try to run this script : https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update
Wow, thanks! And yes, I'm on 10.13.3.
Running much better now. Still not perfect. But useable.
Got about 33 seconds on BruceX Benchmark. Playback in Final Cut is a bit choppy too.
Honestly thinking about selling the 1070 and getting an RX 580 since I mainly use this for video editing. Any thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back