3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Performa
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build: High Sierra, i76800K, GX99UD4 Rev1.0, 4 x AMD Radeon RX 560, 64GB Ram. I'm not too sure if there is something that I am missing in my Clover Configurator, or if there is something that I am missing to do on my computer in general??? But I thought that my Hackintosh was going to make short work of rendering 4K video files, and playing them back on FCPX and Davinci Resolve. However it feels that my computer is actually many times slower than my actual MacPro 6, 1 late model 2013 running AMD D300. Any thoughts, advice, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your attention!

@Pavo Hey, I am really struggling on this one. I have horrible, really slow performance out of my AMD gpu's. I have tried using RX 560 and RX 580. Any help would be more than appreciated. I have come across you in a few threads addressing AMD issues. Under about this mac, system report, both cards are recognized. Which is what I don't understand??? If the cards are recognized by the system, why are they not working properly?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 83
@Pavo Hey, I am really struggling on this one. I have horrible, really slow performance out of my AMD gpu's. I have tried using RX 560 and RX 580. Any help would be more than appreciated. I have come across you in a few threads addressing AMD issues. Under about this mac, system report, both cards are recognized. Which is what I don't understand??? If the cards are recognized by the system, why are they not working properly?
Well first off your config was a mess. No reason to have all those DSDT fixes. Try the attached EFI and do not add or change anything and let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 130
Well first off your config was a mess. No reason to have all those DSDT fixes. Try the attached EFI and do not add or change anything and let me know how it goes.
Thanks Pavo! OK, I followed your exact instructions. This is what happened. When I tuned on the computer it went from the Gigabyte screen to the apple logo screen in a loop two times. On the third loop the screen froze on the apple logo indefinitely.

Besides the EFI folder, you really need to get a better GPU for Resolve.

I would recommend a Vega 64. If you are in USA, I've seen them as low as $450, it's totally worth it.

If you do decide to go with NVIDIA, there are no drivers for the new Turing GPUs (they are not even out yet) and no one knows if they will come out with one. Pascal took 8 months.

So your other option is Pascal with CUDA for Resolve...but prepare to have some issues with NVIDIA in general.

Besides the EFI folder, you really need to get a better GPU for Resolve.

I would recommend a Vega 64. If you are in USA, I've seen them as low as $450, it's totally worth it.

If you do decide to go with NVIDIA, there are no drivers for the new Turing GPUs (they are not even out yet) and no one knows if they will come out with one. Pascal took 8 months.

So your other option is Pascal with CUDA for Resolve...but prepare to have some issues with NVIDIA in general.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the advice, and suggestions!

Thanks Pavo! OK, I followed your exact instructions. This is what happened. When I tuned on the computer it went from the Gigabyte screen to the apple logo screen in a loop two times. On the third loop the screen froze on the apple logo indefinitely.
Can you boot in verbose mode and get a screen shot of where its boot looping?

Here it is.

Attachments

• Screen_Hang_091818.jpeg
    Screen_Hang_091818.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 196

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 9.24.23 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back