Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there. I've been following this site from time to time, and it seems to be easier and easier to get a hackintosh working, and there is a lot of great info on this site.
Being a complete NOOB it is still kind of tough to navigate through all this info, and I'm probably going to face problems I haven't even heard of yet. However I have decided to give it a try.

A couple of questions (sorry in advance if they have a noobish caracter):

I read the compability guide on this site, and it seems like this computer should be alright, right?
http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/v...=vis&menu=computer&varenr=99107&type=pcsystem (I live in Denmark, and the text is in danish, but what it says is basically that you can choose some extra gear like, SSD drive, DVD-burner, extra ram, and a different GPU if you wan't to pay more)

Questions:
1. would this computer work out of the box with mountain lion?
2.Does it matter if the ram is corsair or kingston or another fabricant? and what about the other parts -sapphire or club3d etc.....
3.If I choose to have a SSD drive in it, and a dvd burner -could that be any kind, or must I stick to a specific label?
4. my soundcard is a steinberg mr816x which needs a FW port -so I also need to buy a FW card, but which one?

These are the components (that the shop assembles for me):
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 ram
700W 16dB Silent Gamin -cooler
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 4x3.40GHz
GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB
Intel 180GB SSD SATA3
some tp-link pci-e wireless netcard

What's it for? : gaming and music production

I'm looking forward to read some answers and advice from you guys - Thanks a lot :)

Questions:
1. would this computer work out of the box with mountain lion?
2.Does it matter if the ram is corsair or kingston or another fabricant? and what about the other parts -sapphire or club3d etc.....
3.If I choose to have a SSD drive in it, and a dvd burner -could that be any kind, or must I stick to a specific label?
4. my soundcard is a steinberg mr816x which needs a FW port -so I also need to buy a FW card, but which one?

These are the components (that the shop assembles for me):
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 ram
700W 16dB Silent Gamin -cooler
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 4x3.40GHz
GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB
Intel 180GB SSD SATA3
some tp-link pci-e wireless netcard

What's it for? : gaming and music production

I'm looking forward to read some answers and advice from you guys - Thanks a lot :)

1/ Ok - Graphic card is very new but reported to work OOB.
2/ If your are not overclocking no problem for memory, any "good brand" is ok
3/ Intel SSD is good but there is more risk of system crash with Sandforce controllers (Crucial M4 or Samsung S830 are safer)
Any SATA DVD burner is ok
4/ I don't know. Internal sound is compatible (but not OOB with multibeast method)

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back