2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
hey guys these are the line up for the 1st hackintosh im going to get this weekend...

i.5 3570 3.5ghz
Gigabyte z77p-d3
2TB Western Digital Sata HDD 7200 RPM
550W Gigabyte power rock PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD6580 1GB DDR3
16GB RAM
Samsung DVDrw
23' LED DELL monitor
19" LED Samsung monitor
TPLINK wn821 wifi dongle

just wanted to know if which type of ram i can use? is it okay to use normal KINGSTON d3 kvr 1600 16gb or should i go for performance ram?LIKE D3 Vengeance 1600(cl9)??? or Kingston Hyper x what diffrence will it make? im not planning for any sort of overclocking...so please advice.. my usage will be more on final cut pro...

and also comment on my hardwares...all these stuffs ive chosen would work out of the box right? im planning to install MOuntain lion on it... purchasing it online thru itunes

HACKINTOSH PRO'S OUT THERE PLS HELP!

As long as they are the same frequency, you should be able to use either. I'd suggest using golden builds from this site as a guideline, and then balancing reliability and value as best as possible. I would also recommend using an NVIDIA card. Though Radeons can work ok with OS X, they'll require a bit more tweaking 99% of the time to get up and running smoothly. Everything else in your proposed build sounds good, though I'd highly recommend an SSD if you can afford it.

As long as they are the same frequency, you should be able to use either. I'd suggest using golden builds from this site as a guideline, and then balancing reliability and value as best as possible. I would also recommend using an NVIDIA card. Though Radeons can work ok with OS X, they'll require a bit more tweaking 99% of the time to get up and running smoothly. Everything else in your proposed build sounds good, though I'd highly recommend an SSD if you can afford it.

hey thanks for the feedback bro!

ill give u 2 sets of ram i have in mind... pls recommend me which 1 is better for my build....
1. HYPER X 1600 2DIMM 16GB
2. KINGSTON KVR 1600 8GB (X2)

will there be a huge diff between in this 2 ram's? is it possible if we dont use performance ram if we overclock the cpu...because ive planned to do it, in future...

nah mate, SSD is out of my budget, so ill just go on with 2TB sata hdd :)

hey thanks for the feedback bro!

ill give u 2 sets of ram i have in mind... pls recommend me which 1 is better for my build....
1. HYPER X 1600 2DIMM 16GB
2. KINGSTON KVR 1600 8GB (X2)

will there be a huge diff between in this 2 ram's? is it possible if we dont use performance ram if we overclock the cpu...because ive planned to do it, in future...
There will be no difference what so ever. Get the ones you can get the best price for. Choosing RAM is not a problem area. :)

There will be no difference what so ever. Get the ones you can get the best price for. Choosing RAM is not a problem area. :)

owh realy?? u sure mate? i heard from my friends that if we are to overclock our processor, its better to use perfomance ram cuz it improves procesors life cycle or smtg, im not so sure, if i use performance ram for gaming and video editing, will it make a huge diff then using normal rams? pls advice

owh realy?? u sure mate? i heard from my friends that if we are to overclock our processor, its better to use perfomance ram cuz it improves procesors life cycle or smtg, im not so sure, if i use performance ram for gaming and video editing, will it make a huge diff then using normal rams? pls advice
Very sure. RAM is RAM. You store data in it. You read data from it. You do so at a certain speed, chosen by the motherboard. That's it. If the RAM can handle it, it will. If it can't, the computer won't start. Normally modern computers run at 1333 MHz (usually default) or 1600 MHz (if you allow it in BIOS). There isn't a huge difference between them, especially not when looking at the big picture (gaming and video work, rather than say, a RAM benchmark). In short: I doubt that you would notice it.

Overclocking is a different thing though. Not that it has do with with "life cycle" (??) or anything, it's just that if you want to overclock the RAM, you need RAM that can be run at higher speed. You can still overclock the CPU without overclocking the RAM though. The above RAMs are both 1600 MHz, so it's likely they are pretty much equal when it comes to overclocking. There might be a slight difference of course, but not enough to care about as far as I know.

OT: There is a lot of hype in the tech world, from RAM speed to overclocking, cooling, PSU sizes and so on. Much of it has a point, but a lot of it is marketing and self-made myth to be honest. I think what your friends said lands in that category. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back