Contribute
Register

Hackintosh OS X Sierra (i3-3240 / Intel Graphics / 4GB) troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm relatively new to this community and not much experienced, so please help me with as much detail as possible, thanks in advance.

I'm trying to setup a new Hackintosh with an old PC that a friend gave to me. The hardware list is as follows:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-3240
  • GPU: Intel integrated graphics
  • RAM: 4GB DDR3
  • HDD: Crucial 128gb SSD
  • Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3
As my first attempt, which was installing High Sierra, failed, I tried installing Sierra. The guides from this forum that I read and followed were:

(OS X Install) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
(BIOS Config) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-z77-pro3-bios-1-90-patched.96604/

But the installer doesn't seem to start, the error that I get is the one that I attach in the photo.

What should I change or do? I know how to edit config.plist and how to add boot args, but not much more xD

Attachments

• 97458948-5d55-4006-bf16-cf1ae9336e13.jpg
    97458948-5d55-4006-bf16-cf1ae9336e13.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 1,128
HD Graphics 2500 are unsupported.

So it is impossible to do it if i don't buy a graphics card? Which is the cheapest graphics card that I could buy?
Something like a GT710 I would think but I am not an authority on the graphics card market.

But are you sure that a GT710 would work with this hardware config?
I don't see why it wouldn't as long as you have room in the case for it.

Yes I do, maybe i'll think about it. Anything to change in my boot args or my config.plist?
The GT710 has native support so no boot arguments needed but you should clean any intel graphics references from your config.plist.

The GT740 is another supported low cost option.

Last edited:
The GT710 has native support so no boot arguments needed but you should clean any intel graphics references from your config.plist.

The GT740 is another supported low cost option.
And the i3 is it supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back