Contribute
Register

Hackintosh only recognizing half of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnson8ryley said:
In my first post, I posted my ram and motherboard which is the only important thing ATM. I'm running lion 10.7.3
Actually, just the description is nice cause going back to a link time after time gets old. It is easy to google the item if more information is needed. :wave:

I'm running F11, the most up to date version of my mobo. I have a i5 2500k CPU. Running a legit Mac os x lion copy. But I think the problem may lye with my system profile. I somehow changed my system profiler once from a 2008 to a 2010 Mac pro. It caused me to kernel panic every time and totally messed up gpu compatibility but its running great now. Except I think before I changed from 2008 to 2010, it showed 8gb in Mac os x (windows wasn't installed yet) but I bet my problem has to do with my system profile. If someone could help me through downgrading to 2008, it would probably fix my problem. Preferably a way that doesn't cause me to kernel panic haha

KP is caused by a specific kext that you need to delete

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57321

I helped someone with this yesterday my system runs mac pro 5.1 2010 no-problems after deleting AppleTyMCEdriver.kext under S/L/E in finder.. (to down grad to mac pro 3.1 2008 profile..... reinstall wah :banghead: wah... unless you cloned your HD or something )

Mac system profile has nothing to do with 2gigs posting on a 4gig RAM Stick during system booting up... and before bios initializing the hard drives

Actually I removed that exact driver. In fact I wrote a post about needing help with it but I removed it. If its not my system profiler then honestly I'm just going to get new ram because if I can't downgrade (but I can upgrade?) then I have no clue what my problem is. You say it's not hardware issues yet even chimera is posting 4gb so either the issue lies somewhere deep inside bios or chimera. Could it be something to do with chimera?

Run Multibeast with selecting MacPro 3,1 under stystem profiles. That's it.

It's really important to select the correct system profile, because this one tells OSX what kind of MacIntosh you have; in short it is lying to OSX that you have a real mac, and not some hackintosh. So the wrong profile will mess it always all up.

And thank's for the clearing up about your system specs. :)

Yeah I was thinking it might be my system profiler. When I get home, I will definetly try that out.

So I switched it to 3,1 Mac pro and thankfully it actually booted alright but it still reports 4gbs of ram in Mac os x and chimera. I still think the problem lies within chimera or bios.

install both sticks of ram (both 4GB sticks)
and run memtest86 see if memtest detects memory modules properly.

Otherwise, I'm thinking its a motherboard BIOS issue - not detecting memory properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back