Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All!

I'm not sure what I did so I'm hoping someone can help.
Im running a core i7 hackintosh, 10.6.8, its been very stable, had the right kexts going, and been using it for quite a while. I just recently bought a Macbook Air running Lion and I thought running Migration Assistant was a good idea to get my stuff sync'd / transferred over.

All seemed fine and dandy, until I came back and the Migration Assistant was hanging with 2 minutes left (it stated it was going to take 7 hours). Anyway I was using my hackintosh and decided to reboot it cuz it was doing something quirky. Upon reboot, the boot up process got stuck with the message "boot0: done".

I dug around but couldnt find anything useful. Heres a few things I tried.
- I can boot up fine if i use the iBoot disk and selecting my drive.
- I reinstalled Chameleon and no dice.
- I also installed Easy Beast on top of this and no luck either.
- I caught one thread that suggested setting my partition to active. Which I checked and did as well.

So my question now is, what do i need to do to get my baby back to normal?

One side note, When migration assistant crashed, i rebooted my macbook air and got a kernel panic!! I had to go in and remove the sleepenabler and voodoo kext. (made me think wtf and got freaked out). I had to boot the MBA in safemode and remove the 2 kext files.

I'm experiencing almost the exact same problem... So you'd say it's just smarter to delete the whole show and restart from scratch? That would make me quite the sad little panda...

Have you tried repairing disk permissions from Disk Utility? It sounds like Migration Assistant has modified some permissions (to make files shareable, or to prevent unwanted changes during transfer); and because it didn't terminate right, permissions were not brought back to normal.

Also, your symptom on the MacBook Air indicates some core system files got transferred. You should be careful and select only what you need to transfer between machines of such different architecture. I'd say select just Users, and possibly Applications; but nothing else.

Akubichan said:
Have you tried repairing disk permissions from Disk Utility? It sounds like Migration Assistant has modified some permissions (to make files shareable, or to prevent unwanted changes during transfer); and because it didn't terminate right, permissions were not brought back to normal.

Also, your symptom on the MacBook Air indicates some core system files got transferred. You should be careful and select only what you need to transfer between machines of such different architecture. I'd say select just Users, and possibly Applications; but nothing else.

Sorry for the necro.

Unfortunately, doing that does not work. I did it myself this last week. Thankfully, I had another stock MBA lying around, so I compared my /S/L/E to the brand new one, and deleted any extra extensions. Wasn't sure if there was anywhere else to check as well.

Additionally, I am now getting
boot0: GTP
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

upon startup. Booting off of Chimera on a thumb drive crashes after extensions load. All combinations of -x -v and -F i could think of did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back