Hackintosh not booting after system files moved/SIP disabled

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all, hope I'm asking this in the right place,

I've had a Hackintosh (Z390 Gaming X, i9 9900K) for a few years, I had it built for me by a company and I have a fairly limited understanding of how it works. Recently, whilst trying to troubleshoot an installation I attempted to temporarily move some files from /usr/local/bin on my system (which I'm aware, in hindsight, was probably not a smart thing to do) then realised I couldn't move them back, which a Google search indicated was because SIP was enabled. I restarted the system, turned off SIP, restarted my system and attempted to move the files back but it still didn't work.

I decided to try and restore from a Time Machine backup two days previous, which seemed to be working fine until the very last moment when it said it had failed and I should reinstall macOS. I restarted to try and do this and it failed to boot with a "OCB: System has no boot entries" error. I have backups of the original EFI the machine shipped with, and the more updated one I was given 3 or so years ago by one of the people at the company so I could upgrade to Catalina.

I attempted to make a new boot USB using instructions from the company as I had done to fix an issue previously, but it didn't work. If I try to boot with the original EFI in the partition it hangs on the Apple logo, if I put the new one there it has the same OCB: System has no boot entries error.

Am I wrong in thinking the EFI folders that have worked previously should still work? I created a bootable macOS installer using Dosdude1's patcher tool on the same USB but nothing seems to work.

Please help, I'm tearing my hair out here. I've contacted the company but they were difficult to get hold of back then and have apparently got worse, so I thought someone here could help.

Happy to attach any folders/files you think would help and give more information if necessary.

Back