CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently, I am running macOS Mojave on my Hackintosh, and I decided today I wanted to update to macOS Catalina. I followed the macOS 10.15 Installation guide and the first step was to update my Clover version, which I did via the Clover Configurator. When I restarted my computer, I expected to boot into macOS as usual, but it wouldn’t boot into macOS. In the Clover menu, I used verbose mode and the last message I always see when I try to boot is “End Random Seed,” then the computer restarts. My guess to why this is occurring is that I updated Clover using Clover Configurator when I originally installed it using MultiBeast. Is this why this is occurring? How can I fix this?

I had this happen to me, and it was because the Clover Updater didn't keep the kexts in the right place. If you boot to the EFI Prompt, you should be able to copy the kext files from the backup that Clover Updater creates on your main partition into the EFI partition, and it is likely that will fix it.

kexts stay where you place them
clover 2.5K versions over 5000 have a directory for the UEFI drivers
it is noted in the clover documentation and/or update logs

Yeah, I was unable to find all of the kexts I originally had installed in my main partition (unless I didn’t look thoroughly enough). I also tried copying the drivers from my EFI-Backups to EFI - still not working. Unfortunately, I can not just redownload the kexts because I do not remember exactly which ones I had installed. Would my only other option at this point be to do a fresh reinstall?

How can I fix this?

Your problem is more likely caused by the different folder structure in newer versions of Clover.
Check that your memory fix driver is in the new location.

Your problem is more likely caused by the different folder structure in newer versions of Clover.
Check that your memory fix driver is in the new location.
Thank you so much! All I had to do was move my drivers to different locations. Everything is working great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back