Graphics
Saphire HD6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Heres My Build to start off. I just bought and put this together in the last week.

Gigabyte - Z68A-D3H-B3
Intel i5 2500k 3.3 quad core
Sapphire Radeon HD-6850 1gb
G.Skill rip jar memory
antec illusion 300 case
raidmax 700watt PSU

Alright, I really want to run SL 10.6.8. I own the 10.6 SL install dvd. I bought it almost the day they released it.

I used iBoot to install from SL DVD. This works fine.

Once I set up OXS and get to my desktop, I put the DSDT for my mobo, OSX 10.6.8 combo, Multibeast, Chimera, 1.7.0, and update helper onto there from a usb flashdrive.

this is where I've tried different things.
-Running multibeast/update helper prior to the update install.(i've tried using different option within Multibeast but still no luck.
-Opening multibeast and running update with running multi beast.

Every time I get a Kernel Panic, "you must hold down the power button and restart" grey'd out screen. After this every time I try and reboot it would Kernel Panic on reboot at the apple loading screen.(screen with grey apple and spinning thing)

Most recently I get to the the Grey apple screen and it just sits there spinning away.
I'm about ready to try with a Lion download and Unibeast to a flash drive see what happens. Any Help would be great. I'm getting sick on the constant wipe and reinstalls. I like to try and progress further a little.

Thanks to everyone

So Far Lion seem to be installing without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back