Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Noob with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your appreciation!

AFAIK, the 4xx series cards need GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. To reenable it, type -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the Chameleon boot screen so we can see the OS. Then open up org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra/ and change the GraphicsEnabler value to Yes, then save. Now it should work.

Worked like a charm! Thanks man. Now time to start experimenting with SLI GTX 465's for gaming on the windows side :mrgreen:

Just build my first hack with the specs seen below.
I've gotten everything working so far, but having one problem.
It's not keeping me from using the computer, but it's annoying because I can't see anything from the time I power on until I'm booted.

If I have my bios set to onboard video, it boots, but I can't see anything until OSX loads and logs me in (because I have my monitor plugged into the card, not the mobo) but in OSX, it'll be using the graphics card not the onboard.

But if I have the bios set to use the PCI Express graphics, I can watch it boot (have verbose booting on) but it'll stop part way through and never boot.

Using the same boot flags, just rebooting and not touching anything, it stops in the same general place, but not the exact same line. And sometimes it'll just be in the middle of loading and stop, sometimes it'll bring up the bit about no remote debugger.

My usual boot flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist are "darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1 -v" and GraphicsEnabler is set to No.
But I've tried every possible combo I could think of between PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, and nvda_drv, but nothing worked.

Here's where it typically fails:

FIPS USER Space POST Success!
BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
BCM5701Enet: Ethernet address bc:5f:f4:ae:63:3c
NVDAStartup: Web
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

-----

BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
(space and white bar)

----------------

FIPS USER Space POST Success!
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
DSMOS has arrived
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device

ASRock Extreme 4 2.80 patched BIOS
i5 3570k
Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB
8GB Curcial ballistix sport DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 120GB SSD

Also, I installed using 10.8.4, and have the latest multibeast. Got everything running by piecing bits here and there from various threads about this board.

BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory i researched this kp yesterday for 13 hrs nerver found a fix one mod said it was gfx issues not true tested on 8 different cards. another mod said it was fakesmc issue not true test 4 different versions. it boils down to the kernelcache not being rebuilt right in the mpkg in the installer from what ive found if u find a fix let me know and ill add it to my fixit guide http://pastebin.com/gZstDrWm sorry for the long post btw the mods i was referring to were on other sites as there was no fix on tmx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back