Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DQ77KB
CPU
E3 1265L v1
Graphics
P3000 aka HD3000
Hello and thanks in advanced for any help offered throughout the site and forum. I learnt quite a lot already by reading guides and threads here. Something I still confuse and need clarification from you who understand hackintosh better.

Background of my new build:

motherboard: Intel DQ77KB <- noted uscgmatthew posted a guide with this board recently
cpu: Intel E3 1265L v1
gpu: onboard Intel Graphic P3000 <- should be same as HD3000

So I followed guides to create a UniBeast USB with Sierra + Clover, Installed Sierra on my HDD without problem. Ethernet don't work as expected, so as sound card and maybe many more functions to be fixed. Being an amateur I first followed instructions to install Clover, then installed AppleIntelE1000e.kext and successfully fixed the internet. However I could only boot to Sierra using the USB, not from HDD. Thinking I could simply copy entire EFI folder on USB to replace the same on HDD could fix it, and it worked a few times and would not boot anymore even with the USB. Why does this method not work?

After some more reading, I realize even the above method could work, it would still be far from having a perfect working Sierra. So I began to look into BIOS patching for my motherboard (just like SJ_UnderWater's Thin MiniITX Build DQ77KB), but as I have already updated to the latest BIOS version 59 dated 2017, I don't like the idea of messing with BIOS flashing. Without know the reason why uscgmatthew had his build work but not mine, I researched into DSDT patching. I also played around with Clover Configurator settings.

Up till now with all the above tries, I am getting confused on the real method to patch my machine. Some people building with a gigabyte board would have a easier time simply download a patched DSDT and done with. I believe patching method does improve from time to time too, and some method being obsolete. For example I was following a guide to extract the original DSDT from my board the other day. The guide said I need to use iasl to convert the code prior to compile with maciasl. While I failed to deploy iasl (because I can't copy iasl to usr/bin, believed to be caused by SIP), for some reason I could simply load up my original DSDT directly with maciasl. I guess it could be something to do with improved functionality of maciasl or something that I sure have no idea about.

For the same reason I am confused which guide to follow, what method to patch my machine. Is DSDT patching with individually downloaded patch the best way? which patch are the essential? Those options in Clover Configurator seem to offer the same patches, is it a placement to a traditional DSDT patching? Where should I get started?

Thanks.

@cuspess, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back