RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
My hackinitosh is having this sleep/wake problem. I tried every single way but still couldn't fix it.
hardware:
motherboard: gigabyte Z170x -UD3 ultra
CPU: I7-6700K
Ram: 32G crucial
Graphics: XFX RX580

if I let my hackinotsh sleep naturally, sometimes it goes to sleep and sometimes it restarts. If I put my hackintosh to sleep manually, it usually restarts on the second time.

I use a custom SSDT, usb 3 works fine.

Tried the following method:
remove SSDT
remove all powermanagment.plists in L/P
set darkware to different values in config.plist
add fixhibernation.kext in EFI folder
different smbios (14,17,18,imacpro1.1)
reinstall mojave (clean install)

None of the above worked. need help please!

it took me about a week to find this problem. I have an Intel 750 SSD installed on PCIe slot 2. I changed it to slot 3, problem fixed. It was interfering with my rx580 in slot one and the rx580 only run x8 lane width.

I have 3 hackintosh computers, the other two are flawless. I tried a Saffire rx580 on this problem one, but it did not change anything. Now I am thinking about changing my motherboard. This problem is so annoying, I don't wanna spend any more time on it.

while my hackintosh is entering sleep mode, my monitor turns on a couple of times. it lights up but no signal, I hope you understand what I mean.

I found the problem and fixed it. It was a bios problem. I flashed the latest bios. Turn off thunderbolt support, enable internal graphics card. boom, sleep issue fixed.
Hi edisonleenan,

Did this fix holdup? I'm experiencing the same sleep/restart problem with similar hack running High Sierra. I think it may have damaged one of my external hard drives. I dumped my power management .plists, but no luck. I'm a bit wary of flashing my BIOS, but I also really want to fix this issue.

I am having an issue with all of my systems. (see the signature)
any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back