Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello, I'm fairly new here but I have successfully built a Hackintosh probably 6 months ago or so.
Now I want to 'upgrade' my Hackintosh to a smaller form so I'm now shopping around for an ITX Motherboard.

Since my original Hackintosh build was with Socket 1150, I thought I'd stick with that to reduce cost (only need to upgrade MB and possible GPU to fit everything into a ITX Case).
Now since everything is now 1151 or Motherboard-wise, 170 series (as opposed to 97 series), I'm having troubles finding motherboards.

I came across a secondhand ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC but I want to know if it is compatible.
I Googled around, checked the forums and even checked the Buyers Guide back in March 2016. There's no solid evidence that it will be supported, but at the same time I'm thinking... the ASRock H97M-ITX/AC is supported as well as ASROCK Z97E-ITX/AC is supported, how different can the Z97M be?

If anyone can help me out, that would be great.
Essentially I want to find out whether the ASRock Z97M-ITX/AC motherboard will work.

Thank you.

Yes it will work.

It's the same board as the H97M ITX AC in terms of wifi, ethernet and audio chipsets. Difference is with Z97 chipset it supports CPU overclocking (and would also support dual GPUs if it had the slot). Also the ASRock site specifies the H97 will not overclock memory (use XMP) beyond 1600mhz.

It's the same board as the H97M ITX AC in terms of wifi, ethernet and audio chipsets. Difference is with Z97 chipset it supports CPU overclocking (and would also support dual GPUs if it had the slot). Also the ASRock site specifies the H97 will not overclock memory (use XMP) beyond 1600mhz.

Yea I saw that the difference between the H and the Z models are that Z can overclock the CPU. I won't be doing any overclocking, so that's alright. Just that I can't find the H models these days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back