Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there,

I successfully updated my hackintosh macOS High Sierra to 10.13.6 and everything was fine. On reboot was prompted to update Clover to ver 4630 which I did. It would appear my start up USB was also updated to clover ver 4630. I then shut down the machine. When I switched on the machine the next day, it refused to boot! I've tried boot arguments -v and -x in clover screen boot args options to no avail. It would be highly appreciated if someone could be kind enough to please suggest what to do to get the machine to boot. Or even get it to go into recovery mode so I recover the OS from my back up time machine! Thanking you for your kind cooperation in advance. Many thanks

I'm not the right person to give detailed support, as I barely know what I'm doing. But I encountered a very similar problem to yours. Before upgrading to 10.13.6 I attempted to update Clover using Clover Configurator. When I tried to reboot (so the update would take effect) the machine would no longer boot - not from my SSD, my bootable backup SSD or from my Sierra or High Sierra install USB sticks.

I spent four days tackling this! In the end, I flashed / upgraded the BIOS, and I think that is what did the trick. (Along the way I also reformated all my EFI partitions and reinstalled the EFI folders from a backup created by Clover Configurator. You shouldn't need to do the reformating, but might want to consider deleting the EFI folders and replacing them with know good versions. Try it with one USB stick, would be best. Or even buy a new USB stick, create a clean, new version of a High Sierra installer.)

You can read a bit more about my troubles here (something of a soliloquy!): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-create-efi-partition-and-add-whatever-needs-adding.257836/

I found info on how and why to flash the BIOS on this site somewhere. Basically, if you get a Clover mess-up, it gets stored in the BIOS. I found that 'clearing' the BIOS by removing the battery helped me get booted from a Yosemite boot stick, but didn't help beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back