Graphics
radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Im looking for some ideas of laptops that can run 10.8.x and can be set up reasonably quickly. stability is a big thing for me, 4 gigs of ram or more, i3 or better, preferably ivy bridge

I know the hp pro books work well but they seem a bit dated, I have never done a laptop before but have built several desktops.

any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!!!

jtscuba-
This is no help, I, like you, am looking for a reasonable starting place. I see that the HP Probook 4350 shines. Unfortunately, this model is way out of print. I see that the nearest possible model available appears to be the 4540s, but cannot tell if this is the best/easiest current option and I hate to spend the money if there's a better option. I plan to buy new, retail, and hope that it will last for me while I learn how to make this work and then familiarize myself with the platform.

I am pretty much in the same boat as you guys. I am looking for a 17" I can use as a desktop replacement.
I have been checking out possibilities, members signatures and posts to see what may be best, easiest and most compatible.

Good luck to you

Thank's a lot haydenmarsh96 , it looks like a comprehensive list of compatible laptops would be a great addition to the buyers guide. I think that a list of laptop models along with any patches, multibeast, and unibeast options would be a great project for the forum, what do you guy's think?

PS: still open to more laptop suggestions

im having the same issue ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back