Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My iPhone 4S works. iTunes detects it and can sync to it. My iPod Touch is not detected by iTunes. In the system profiler, it says

iPod:

Product ID: 0x129e
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Version: 0.01
Serial Number: (removed by me)
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Location ID: 0xfa200000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Reinstalling the apple mobile device service and iTunes has not helped. USBfix=yes also has not worked. I am unsure what to do since everything else works.

I have tried different ports and different cables. Same results. If I put the iPod into recovery mode, iTunes detects it but fails to recover it (error 11). It works flawlessly in Windows.

Hmm strange ... error 11 is very common but is not factor at this time, I guess something related to usb kexts or just strange sequence of events, at least You can try to re-install lion or update multibeast install which motherboard do You use ?

I will give your suggestions a try when I get home from work tonight. I was really hoping to not have to reinstall! But it doesn't take that long. My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-p35-d3sl.

I have look on web for simmilar problem to Yours but cant find anything close, for me is a bit strange that iphone works and ipod not last what is coming to my mind is outdated iTunes and it cant read the device i have that problem with iOS 6 and old version of iTunes can connect profiler shows but iTunes no.

My iPod is running iOS 5.1.1 and I have the newest iTunes installed.

I reinstalled and I still have the same issue. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back