Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I just got hold of a G5 case. I will be modding it to fit a atx mobo and try to run it as a hackintosh.

I've recently modded my XPS 700 case from BTX standard to ATX. With the experience of this I'll give the G5 case a go.

Tha hardware that I have available at the moment is this:

ASUS P6X58D-E
Intel I7-950
6gb Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
XFX Ati HD5770

Will I get this to work? I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything. My main concerne is the mainboard.

If my hardware is supported what files do I need?

Thanks in advance

Maxcon said:
...I just got hold of a G5 case. I will be modding it to fit a atx mobo and try to run it as a hackintosh.

I've recently modded my XPS 700 case from BTX standard to ATX. With the experience of this I'll give the G5 case a go....
I am very interested in your case mod. Please take pictures and post here on what you had to mod to get the components inside. TIA.

Stork said:
Maxcon said:
...I just got hold of a G5 case. I will be modding it to fit a atx mobo and try to run it as a hackintosh.

I've recently modded my XPS 700 case from BTX standard to ATX. With the experience of this I'll give the G5 case a go....
I am very interested in your case mod. Please take pictures and post here on what you had to mod to get the components inside. TIA.

Hi Stork,

I'll be posting pictures of the build.

But I could really use some input on my hardware situation.

Anyone?

I'm sorry to be of no use re your hardware as I'm a n00b at this as they come. However, as a G5 case owner I'm really looking forward on seeing your mod job. Keep us posted :D

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 343
Maxcon said:
Hi guys,

I just got hold of a G5 case. I will be modding it to fit a atx mobo and try to run it as a hackintosh.

I've recently modded my XPS 700 case from BTX standard to ATX. With the experience of this I'll give the G5 case a go.

Tha hardware that I have available at the moment is this:

ASUS P6X58D-E
Intel I7-950
6gb Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
XFX Ati HD5770

Will I get this to work? I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything. My main concerne is the mainboard.

If my hardware is supported what files do I need?

Thanks in advance

Why not a gigabyte X58A board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back