1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
View attachment 25084
Well this is a W.I.P.
I wanted a unique Hackintosh Case so I had a IIGS case lying around without a motherboard so I decided to make a small formfactor Hackintosh

Build Specs:
Core i3 2125
8 Gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce 430
2 TB Baracuda HDD
H61N-USB3 Motherboard

You can see some pictures of the case being prepared and the positions of components on my picasa album http://picasaweb.google.com/109181828077098577432/HakinGS#

I was forced to use a Video Card due to HD3000 graphics causing KPs on this MB.

I also used a Teensy 2.0 with some firmware hasu on geekhack.org developed to convert my AppleDesign keyboard to USB.

The last bit i am waiting for is a DVI to VGA cable so i can rout the video to a open section on the rear of the iigs case.

I was planning on using a apple mini pcie wireless card but had to use a usb wifi adapter due to being forced to use a pci-e video card

IMG_0346.JPG

Nice work :headbang: Now that is the definition of a "retro" case. Would love to see pics of it up and running.

It's running but still need to rout the video to open holes on the back. I was trying to use a VGA to CGA converter to convert 1024x768 to the AppleColor RGB monitor that most //GS's use but I can't quite get the Vertical Hold right.

Here are the Geekbench Results..
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/679588

Can't wait to see how this comes out. For a few days I was throwing around the idea of getting a G3 tower or a 6500 tower and converting it to a Hackintosh. In the end I decided I like the industrial look of the aluminum Power Macs more than the retro look. But I still keep thinking about it... ;)

It does tend to overheat unless I put my Kensington System Saver IIGS on top of the computer....

Attachments

• ss2gs.jpg
    ss2gs.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 538
How'd you fit in such a small case?

How did you get such a powerful machine in such a small case? Tell me! I also have an Apple II and I didn't think it was possible to fit my power in such a small case so I spent $500 on a new case! :(

Any mini itx case will fit in a //e or //gs case you just need to use lower powered processors like core i3's and low powerd video cards to reduce heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back