Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hackintosh freezes when using external usb sound device

Hello,

I just upgraded from a Core i7-950 CPU to a Xeon W3680 on a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 (v2) board.

I updated the BIOS from version FB to FD, than couldn't boot normally so I booted in safe mode and run Multibeast. I installed a new DSTD for this FW version and reinstalled audio and Fake SMC + Plugins + HW monitor and TRIM.

Since than, when I run any video - for example on YouTube, the machine freezes completely. The same happens when I launch Final Cut Pro. I noticed in System Report, that it says ATI Radeon HD 5000, instead of 5770. So I turned on in chameleon the Garphics enabler and config to Vervet. Than System Report started to show Radeon 5770, but it still freezes with any video.

I will appreciate any help.

Many thanks!

Edit: I found it is related to my USB sound interface Lexicon Lambda. I tried deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it didn't help. Someone else recommended deleting AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and no difference. Any ideas?

Hi. I have Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Bios F6 Xeon W3680 running @4,2Ghz and all is fine, Mavericks 10.9.5 Are you running stock cpu speed or OC?

Attachments

• About this Mac.png
    About this Mac.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back