Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone

Since this week, my hackintosh freezes whenever I don't touch it for about 15 minutes.
I've had it almost a year and this is the first time it happens.
As long as I keep using it, everything's absolutely fine.
I tried to replug the mouse and keyboard in different USB-ports but that had no effect.
Someone on another forum had about the same problem, but no solution was posted in that thread.

GPU: Gigabyte Vega 56
CPU: i5 9600K
RAM: Corsair RGB Vengeance (16 GB)
Motherboard: Aorus Pro Z390

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone

Since this week, my hackintosh freezes whenever I don't touch it for about 15 minutes.
I've had it almost a year and this is the first time it happens.
As long as I keep using it, everything's absolutely fine.
I tried to replug the mouse and keyboard in different USB-ports but that had no effect.
Someone on another forum had about the same problem, but no solution was posted in that thread.

GPU: Gigabyte Vega 56
CPU: i5 9600K
RAM: Corsair RGB Vengeance (16 GB)
Motherboard: Aorus Pro Z390

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi
I have exactly the same problem. It was fine on Mojave (ran for a good month without problems), and since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 I have this exact same problem. When leaving the computer idle for about 10-15 minutes, it hangs (screensaver stops) and I cannot wake it anymore. After a while it auto reboots. And indeed if I keep using it I can work without problems. Did you manage to fix it?

I will try to update to 10.15.2 to see if that helps. I already updated all relevant kexts. If I compare your system to mine, the only matching hardware is the Vega 56 so that might be a lead:

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Vega 56
CPU: i7 9700K
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4 KIT 16GBx2 (32 GB)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I
Disk: Evo 970 1Tb Nvme

UPDATE: it seems the update to 10.15.2 has solved it. System now goes to sleep again as expected. I combined this with updating all kexts to their latest versions (although that alone was not enough, it needed the 10.15.2 update to become stable again).

UPDATE 2: spoke too soon, it happened again...

UPDATE 3: its possible that this is a Catalina thing... some people have the same problem on regular macs (with vega 48 in that case but it might not be relevant). https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250717203

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back