Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

This site has saved me a few times before so I figured why not post and try again.

I'm running the following:
ASUS p7h55d-m EVO
Intel core i7 860
8GB G-skill ram DDR3 1600
EVGA GT640 or EVGA GT650 (I bought both*)
Crucial SSD 64GB
Coolermaster PS 700W

For whatever reason when I tried to upgrade to the GT640 which is supposed to work OOB (GraphicsEnabler=No). I have a clean hackintosh from scratch. Nothing installed other than the stock operating system and MultiBeast using a DSDT Free Installation. I checked off the appropriate network, audio drivers and thats it.

At first I thought I had a bad video card. I started with a PNY 640, exchanged it for an EVGA 640. Same problem. Then I tried moving to an EVGA 650. Same problem. I thought it was the CPU overheating, but its fairly cool at 30F.

When I was running a ATI 5450 it was running fine, but I couldn't get full QE/CI which is why I upgraded my video card to begin with. Any help on this issue would possibly allow me to sleep again. I've been troubleshooting and scouring the forums for the last 2 weeks. I've attached my console logs if anyone can take a look...

Thanks everyone! Worst case scenario I may have a hackintosh for sale and a Mac Mini that I need to purchase..haha

Attachments

• All Messages.log.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 165
Just a bump to see if anyone saw or can help with this situation. This is still an issue for me.

Cheers.

I will definitely take a read now and come back with hopefully positive results.

I did more testing and this is apparently only an OSX graphics card driver/or even power setting?/BIOS issue. I ran windows 7 on the same system, exact same hardware and did not get any freezing.

Hi,

Did your freezes stop? How?

Thanks ;)

I downloaded the freeze fix file. So far, everything is good. I have been freeze free for about 8 hours. I also bumped the clock down to 3.7. I dont know why. Just to try something different.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32210445/freezefix.zip

I will keep posting. The computer is still running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back