Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770k
Graphics
MSI N670GTX Power Edition 2GD5/OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I am reading the threads in this forum for quite a while now and decided to build my own hackintosh.
Mainly I will be using the computer for photoshop cs 6,Final Cut Pro and a little gaming.

I want to stick very close to the Ivy Bridge CustoMac Pro*Build with the Intel Core i7-3770K CPU.
Instead of the given graphic card options I pinned my eyes on the Gainward GeForce GTX 670 Phantom and wanted to ask if it was possibly to use this card without any big difficulties. But I am open to any other suggestion also.
For the motherboard I thought about one of these three:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, Z77
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH, Z77
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Z77

I am very interested in having the thunderbolt option but not quite sure if it is necessary.

I would be very grateful if you guys could help me adjusting the config and maybe save a few bucks.

my best,
bigwegh

When choosing a video card, it's best to avoid straying too far from reference cards unless they've been tested. I know very little about the ones you've chosen, but if it's reference then it should work.

Hey guys,

I am reading the threads in this forum for quite a while now and decided to build my own hackintosh.
Mainly I will be using the computer for photoshop cs 6,Final Cut Pro and a little gaming.

I want to stick very close to the Ivy Bridge CustoMac Pro*Build with the Intel Core i7-3770K CPU.
Instead of the given graphic card options I pinned my eyes on the Gainward GeForce GTX 670 Phantom and wanted to ask if it was possibly to use this card without any big difficulties. But I am open to any other suggestion also.

I am very interested in having the thunderbolt option but not quite sure if it is necessary.

I would be very grateful if you guys could help me adjusting the config and maybe save a few bucks.

my best,
bigwegh

I would avoid the UP4 as some of the USB ports don't work in OSX. Also, the 670 is going to be overkill for CS6 and FCP. I would choose a GTX 5xx card.

Thanks for the quick replies.

@MechSoup
So if I go with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Z77 or the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, Z77 everything should be fine.Right?
I like the specs of the UP5 but its price is quite high. Are there any fitting alternatives?

I choose the graphic card to be equipped for future games but then I am unsure if it will still be overkill.
For now I will be playing some Arkham City, PES and Assasins Creed.

If you can live without Thunderbolt, have a look at the Z77X-UD5H it's very similar, although be aware that the green and front audio jacks don't work, but you can still get sound through the orange and black jacks.

Hey guys,

my best,
bigwegh

I do quite a bit of photo editing, and i am switching from the 550ti (no longer working in 10.8.1) to the EVGA 640 and it seems pretty good for what I need.

Thanks a lot for the help!
I will consider my options over the weekend and let you know before I order the components.

Cheers!

@ Nikki

After your post I stumbled upon the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro. Is this board an adequate alternative to the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH? Also, how easy is it to flash?

Does anyone know how these cards work in a hackintosh? Which one would you recommend?

ASUS GTX670-DC2T-2GD5
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back