Graphics
GeForce 8500 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, sorry for a pretty noob question, but i don't know what else to do.
My friend configured my core i5 hackintosh so i could have dual boot (windows and OS X). After half a year, i decided i don't need windows anymore, and i formated a partition, to use it as a backup, time machine drive. But now my hackintosh won't boot anymore.
I have to use rBoot CD everytime i turn on the computer, and boot from said CD to start OS. If i remove this second drive (which had windows installed), then everything boots normally.
I have tried reinstalling chameleon via multiboot setup, and it doesn't help. The computer gets stuck on "loading operating system" every time.

If i forgot to tell you anything, please do ask, i don't have much experience in dealing with hackintosh (i've always been a windows user). But i need to get this fixed, since i use my computer for some stuff i can't be without.

Thank you in advance.

from what you have written, it would appear that the empty, ex windows drive is set to first boot in the bios.

go into the bios with both drives connected, and set the osx hard drive to boot before the empty drive.

Oh my god, how could i have forgotten about such a basic thing! Samisnake, i am SO grateful for your quick and helpful response, everything works great now. With any luck, i will be even able to connect the third drive when i need it.
Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back