Graphics
?ogcant crest.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi - my 4530 stopped working which previously worked perfectly stopped working unless I had the unibeast stick in the usb port.

I tried reinstalling (This time with ProBookInstaller61b12 instead of HP Probook Installer 5.1b1.

Its booting again BUT - no wifi (and yes - it has the Atheros card) and previously worked fine... and no sound!!

Help please!!!

Best,
Rob

Hi - my 4530 stopped working which previously worked perfectly stopped working unless I had the unibeast stick in the usb port.

I tried reinstalling (This time with ProBookInstaller61b12 instead of HP Probook Installer 5.1b1.

Its booting again BUT - no wifi (and yes - it has the Atheros card) and previously worked fine... and no sound!!

Help please!!!

Best,
Rob

Try to repair the permissions and rebuild the kext cache with Kext Wizard and reboot. Which OS X version do you use and when you ran the Installer, which exactly options did you selected?

Help please!!!

Best,
Rob

So, this was a fresh install? If so, you probably did not select enough options in the ProBook Installer v6.1. Read the section in the 'sticky guide' on DSDT selection carefully and follow the instructions for DSDT again. You must select one option from the first three groups to generate a DSDT and since you have Atheros card, you should select the 9285 patch.

Rehab man,

You must have been right! I thought I had chosen the right options - but redid and now I have volume and wifi is recognized - but not working....

The wifi is on - but does not find any networks? Any ideas there?

Thanks much!!!

Rehab man,

You must have been right! I thought I had chosen the right options - but redid and now I have volume and wifi is recognized - but not working....

The wifi is on - but does not find any networks? Any ideas there?

Thanks much!!!

Press the WiFi button. Be patient. The networks will eventually populate.

Philip,

I did those things - didn't help - but reinstalling gave me volume and a recognized card - but the wifi is still not working (I did select the 9285 atheros patch) - wifi icon is up but no networks are seen - even though we are at my home with a strong wifi network...

Thanks much
Rob

Rehabman,

Pushing the button doesn't do anything - the light on the wifi button is white - pressing the button doesn't turn the light off or a different color.

I'll try to give it more time - I did quickly this AM - and only gave it a minute to find the network..

I'll let you know the results!

Best,
Rob

Rehabman,

Pushing the button doesn't do anything - the light on the wifi button is white - pressing the button doesn't turn the light off or a different color.

I'll try to give it more time - I did quickly this AM - and only gave it a minute to find the network..

I'll let you know the results!

Best,
Rob

Yes, the LED does not change when the WiFi is turned on/off. Also, when it is off via the button, OS X still thinks it is on (it just shows no networks), which can be a bit confusing. On top of that, there is a fair bit of lag when switching it on/off before the networks either appear or clear, so it can be frustrating. That's why I said press it and "be patient."

Rehab man - of course you were right - the wifi did work when I gave it enough time...

However - I wasn't able to migrate my old settings/apps over from my Timemachine backup...

"Thanks to you Rehabman, I was able to get the laptop (Probook 4530) working - but when I tried to use Migration Assistant - I was not able to restore all my old programs and settings...

So I reinstalled OS X 8.2, and when it started up again - before I could run HP ProBook Installer, when the computer asked me if I wanted to Migrate, I did...

I thought I would be able to run the ProBook Installer after the migration - but now - when the Probook tries to start, I get the "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turnes off, then press the Power button again..."

Is there a workaround - or do I have to run the ProBook Installer before I migrate (which didn't work for some strange reason....)

Best,
Rob"

Rehab man - of course you were right - the wifi did work when I gave it enough time...

However - I wasn't able to migrate my old settings/apps over from my Timemachine backup...

"Thanks to you Rehabman, I was able to get the laptop (Probook 4530) working - but when I tried to use Migration Assistant - I was not able to restore all my old programs and settings...

So I reinstalled OS X 8.2, and when it started up again - before I could run HP ProBook Installer, when the computer asked me if I wanted to Migrate, I did...

I thought I would be able to run the ProBook Installer after the migration - but now - when the Probook tries to start, I get the "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turnes off, then press the Power button again..."

Is there a workaround - or do I have to run the ProBook Installer before I migrate (which didn't work for some strange reason....)

Best,
Rob"

I've never used the Migration thing and don't really understand exactly what it does. I don't generally need help copying files or installing apps. My suggestion would be to avoid it, as I see a lot of issues resulting from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back