GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

So I have a Hackintosh running 10.8.4 with a GTX 570 and an i5-3570k as well as 16gb of RAM. My problem is that whenever it gets under a decent amount of GPU load it will crash. When it crashes a few things may or may not happen. Either both screens will go black, they'll both become a solid color (green and pink seems to be the top choices, but I have seen others) or they will both go to static. A faint tik tik tik noise can be heard coming out of the speakers.

Now some interesting parts - On my windows partition it won't crash at all no matter what I put it through. It'll get hot, around 80c, but thats as high as it goes. So I don't think its the card. Regardless I thought perhaps the GPU was getting too hot, so I ran HWmonitor on the mac partition while I was playing. Again, got to about 80c, and stayed there. Then shat the bucket at a seemingly random point. Which leads to the last point - it doesn't always happen. I can play certain maps in a game and be fine (ie Starcraft 2 Arcade games) while others I generally cannot. I tried to play Bioshock Infinite and got through about a half hour of gameplay (on high graphics setting) before it crapped itself. Restarted, and tried again on a low graphics setting and I only got about two minutes of gameplay.

I'm not sure how to even go about diagnosing the issue let alone fixing it. Anyone have any ideas?

Have the same problem... but I can only see the intro on bioshock and Metro last light. I couldn't even play gone home, do you already fix your problem?

I have mountain Lion with a gtx 670 and an intel 3770k

Anyone has a solution?

Have the same problem with Mavericks, researching a solution. Also, when videos from YouTube or elsewhere, the video is scrambled? See below.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• graphics.jpg
    graphics.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 173
Has anyone had any progress with this? Having the same problem

I've also been having this problem. Anyone find a solution? My card crashes on both windows and mac drives when I try playing games. On windows I've tried Skyrim -- crash, but no crash when I play a game that's not too heavy on the graphics. On mac, I've only tried WOW and it crashes every time. Both OS crash within a minute of starting the game. I'm using my brothers old card. Could it be that he had overclocked the GPU and those settings didn't go back to the default when I installed it into my comp? Very frustrating!

I've also been having this problem. Anyone find a solution? My card crashes on both windows and mac drives when I try playing games. On windows I've tried Skyrim -- crash, but no crash when I play a game that's not too heavy on the graphics. On mac, I've only tried WOW and it crashes every time. Both OS crash within a minute of starting the game. I'm using my brothers old card. Could it be that he had overclocked the GPU and those settings didn't go back to the default when I installed it into my comp? Very frustrating!

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

If it happens on both operating systems then the chances are that it's a hardware issue.
Maybe your PSU cannot cope with the demand or something is overheating.

Thanks, P1lgrim. I took the card out and the comp seems to run alright. My only concern is that when I reset the BIOS after taking the card out, suddenly the comp would freeze on the BIOS screen. It would only start if I unplugged either mouse or keyboard (yes, it started without my keyboard plugged in). Part of me thinks I have another hardware problem, either mobo or psu. Any thoughts? If this post is too off topic and requires a new thread, my apologies and I will gladly start anew.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back