Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Compatibility Check of i7 with ATI 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logician said:
UDERGRA, I hope you got your ATI 5770 graphics card to work. I just ordered my components and have yet to find out. I apprecate your question though, given the responses.

NOT SHY. Thanks for the information and link. I was not sure which 5770 graphics card I should get. XFC seems good and popular, but given the reputation of Gigabye mb's and seeing your system list, I went with Gigabyte's GV-R577UD-1GD also.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Safety in numbers

so can i say that using this mobo, X58A-UD3R .. no way we can set raid0 in mobo and make both win7 and SL see raid 0 drives?

so maybe i should unraid it and create raid0 via disk utility.

mdshah said:
so can i say that using this mobo, X58A-UD3R .. no way we can set raid0 in mobo and make both win7 and SL see raid 0 drives?

For Snow Leopard you need to do a software raid.

notshy said:
mdshah said:

For Snow Leopard you need to do a software raid.

ok ..tq for your advice.

12GB of RAM is extreme overkill and very expensive IMO cut that down to 6 no need for anymore in the forseeable future.

AllanMarcus said:
undergrad said:
Did you have any luck with the build?
I have a ATI 5770 and I wasn't able to get my hackintosh to recognize the video card.
Many people here use the ATI 5770, Which exact 5770 do you have? When you you can't get the hack to "recognize" the card, what do you mean?

You need to install kext from Multibeast for graphic card recognitin. Then you'll see few more resolutions. I've got same card but from Sapphire.

insomnia said:
AllanMarcus said:
undergrad said:
Did you have any luck with the build?
I have a ATI 5770 and I wasn't able to get my hackintosh to recognize the video card.
Many people here use the ATI 5770, Which exact 5770 do you have? When you you can't get the hack to "recognize" the card, what do you mean?

You need to install kext from Multibeast for graphic card recognitin. Then you'll see few more resolutions. I've got same card but from Sapphire.

ARGH !!!! NO KEXTS !!!!!

ATI Experimental Bootloader - if you are running with ATI_Init please see my Build thread in my signature for a guide on how to remove ATI_Init and install the ATI Bootloader using MultiBeast.

undergrad said:
I have the PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5.
When I go into the video settings only one resolution is listed.

Sorry in advance for my stupidity, I'm a hackintosh n00b.

Hey man, you are using non-reference design card, vga-dvi-hdmi , it should be 2xdvi-hdmi-display port.

I have the same 5770 & spent 3 days working on a fix.
It helps if you use a more basic card in to set up with, such as an Nvidia 7300 or 8800.
These setup simply and fully using multibeast and the Nv- enabler.
Once you have a working system, it's easy to modify it.

So, to get the 5770 running with all the resolutions available:-
In multibeast, choose your normal chameleon boot-loader,
NOT the ATI version.
(If you have not done so already, load in your audio and LAN kext options.if they are working, don't add anymore.)
Don't choose 32 & 64 bit enablers off.
Infact other than permissions, dont add anything !
You will need to edit or replace your boot.plist in your "extra" folder
This is to turn off the enabler.

You will then need to edit the 5000 series controller kext to include the device ID for this version of the 5770.
Together with an ATY init kext, these two need to be added to S/L/E
Finally, in S/L/E, the four NV kexts need to be removed.

Once you have done that switch off, replace your card with the 5770 & boot up.
Mine runs COD4 at max everything, brilliantly !

I'll produce a proper guide and a link to the files when I am not on my iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back