nvidia 6600 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi peeps. I'm browsing this forum, macrumors and all that stuff to see when the new stuff is thrilling enough. Unfortunately, Apple decided to delay its mac pro updates and I want to build a hackingtosh ( as soon as TB is available on the 6 cores, and mountain lion is out )

Anyways, one thing holding me back is the case issue. Nothing comes close to a mac look, or at least, a nice designed case. Most manufacturers know nothing about external details and astetics.

I want to make this topic for everyone who has the same problem as me. So post your beatiful hackintosh cases!

(btw, if anyone has a great tutorial to edit a mac pro case for hackingtosh, please post so :) )

Here's mine (pics coming later, tablets arent great for posting )

SilverStone Fortress FT03T

Fractal Design Define R3

Imo, the most "Apple-like" cases are from Lian Li. The Micro-ATX stuff in particular. The new Xigmatek Gigas isn't available in the US yet, but it has a nice all aluminium look to it.

I think I have settled on the Silverstone TJ08-E for my build due to the nice cooling performance: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.p ... 03&area=en

I'm sure there are more out there.

I agree the Apple cases are far superior in terms of aesthetics.

I have built a G5 Hackintosh as have numerous others and this summer considering doing either a G4 Quicksilver or a Mac Pro

In terms of non Apple cases I also have two Antec 300 cases which I like for the pure simplicity of the design.

Have a look in Customization for threads and inspiration

Thx for the update. I completely looked over the customise forum part. :banghead:
I guessnthis topic is fairly useless then.

I did actually found one lian-li case which is yet to come out pb-10 byheart. Expensive, but looking okay. Im not great with metal working. I design fine in photoshop,..i want to keep doing that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back